Australian Politics -- From early August 2022

I just ordered a thing for free courtesy of the vic government. It’s called Power Pal. And from what I can see it attaches to the smart meter and then you can see on your phone what consumption is.

Hasn’t arrived or been installed yet. But worth a look if you’re in vic or a similar thing available in your state.

1 Like

My philosophy was to by the biggest solar system I could fit, 10kw.

And then switch everything electric, not storing energy within a battery, but ‘storing’ in the EV, and ‘storing’ in the 400L electric hot water system I plan to buy. Maybe you need a bigger HWS?

If I can find a decent electric ducted heating solution to replace gas, I’m almost there. Cold mornings before the sun is up would be the issue tho.

My entire solar system is ~15 years old, and my house is too far from the meter for me to get a smart meter, so I’m really limited in the sort of data i can extract about power generation/usage.

I think there’s some small retail devices you can plug into the power point that can track this stuff too. Looks like a double adaptor.

Power pal is ok, but only works via bt when you are close by.

Also doesn’t measure feed in.

I’ve got 10kw too, but my bills are still off the charts due to high ceilings and leaky house.

1 Like

Powercor allows you to monitor both production and usage if you register on that site. I check most days. All you need is your NMI details.
It doesn’t show instant usage though.
If you’re already aware of this please ignore post and don’t read it.

1 Like

They give you three free years of the advanced monitoring before making it a paid service… which would cost about the same as the power itself! I reckon I’ll be able to look at the sky and know how much I can turn on by then.

It is fun micro-managing your use though (cooking and/or heating last Sunday afternoon). Not a perfect example thereof, but the easiest for me to quickly pull out.

1 Like

Anyone here tried Amber Electric?

Nice. I think so ausnet have similar so I’ll check it out! Thanks.

1 Like

3 Likes

Could not be the same Mick Fuller that the NSW Govt blocked from joining the NSW Racing Board and who was under investigation by the NSW Law Enforcement Commissioner in regard to his horse racing interests.
Was he Scott Morrison’s neighbour?

2 Likes

I gather Neil Mitchell, or one of imbecilic callers, or another lying Liberal, is running with the “Dan is bringing back inheritance taxes”.

Those ■■■■■■■ bring that one out regularly.

And no, I don’t listen to 3AW, or much radio at all, but heard someone say it at coffee. I keep telling them talkback is for morons and fascists.

What’s the difference between a fascist and a crypto fascist?

Neo-nazis who own Bitcoin?

3 Likes

One wears Black Shirts the other Black Turtlenecks.

4 Likes

I’m hearing it pop up a bit in 80s comedies.

From George Carlin to Red Dwarf.

Looks like it is Red Dwarf :joy:

1 Like

Sounds like its a soft supporter as opposed to overt fascism

2 Likes

Senator Shoebridge , who was putting Kershaw on the spot, comes from the NSW State Upper House, when he chased down improper and corrupt behaviour, with the occasional scalp. He may have had a hand in blocking Fuller’s racing appointment.
I seem to remember Kershaw and Fuller doing a pass the parcel in regard to the Christian Porter investigations.

one’s a little better at hiding it than the other

6 Likes