Australian Politics, Mark II

Depends how many baseball caps Scummo wears between now and then and how many headlines saying “Naww, look. He’s just someone’s daggy dad, you guys!”

1 Like

Why does he wear one?

Apparently if he does it makes people feel like he’s one of us.

Not me, makes me think he is an idiot.

2 Likes

Also, first one that rhymes (sort of) with “Worrisome”

1 Like

Can you think of any recent examples of hypocritical, incompetent self-serving fuckwits who wore baseball caps and were subsequently elected to high office?

2 Likes

2 Likes

One is an mlb and the other is a college team no?

Yes, but I think they were talking about people who got elected to be PM.

Oh, wait…

1 Like

I don’t know if I want to be part of a world where a right winger’s staff advise him to wear a hat to get on the side of angry young voters and it works.

2 Likes

Your Lobbyist dollars at work!!

1 Like

Particularly galling when a poll released today shows that 7% of Australians are in favour of new coal thermal. Yet, we’ve got a government spruiking it every chance they get with a dead straight face.

2 Likes

When Turnbull suggested laws about the declaration of donations and both Get Up and IPA objected I thought that was a clear indication of the right way to go. I personally would like to see a follow up on donation transparency.

3 Likes

I apologise profusely for the trisyllabic error on ScoMo.

I’ll turn my baseball cap backwards in abject apology.

5 Likes

Straight up thug.

McMahon would have to be considered a grey area.

2 Likes

Really?

Maybe if you pronounced it the Irish way…but we tend to pronounced it McMarn.

2 Likes

What’s McWrong with you McMan?

There was always the suspicion that the r in grey should have been an h, and that Sonia was the beard to dispel the whiff of lavender. Couldn’t imagine Black Jack tolerating a shirt-lifter.

1 Like