Australian Politics, Mark II

4 Likes

Also nice to know our elected representatives actually investigate what they are voting on and vote accordingly.

9 Likes

“Senator Cormann did not explain the nature of the administrative error or why the 23 Coalition senators failed to notice it was a mistake.”

The (not) bizarre thing is this was raised and ridiculed weeks ago. If this was an error, they’re not competent enough to govern. And if it wasn’t…

8 Likes

That’s the weakest excuse I’ve ever heard. Senate should be dissolved for that. Not knowing what they’re voting on. What a load of ■■■■.

3 Likes

efa

3 Likes

Meanwhile, as Dutton seeks to make even more restrictive laws in the name of counter terrorism, Morrison gives a free kick to extremists with his statement on consideration of moving the Embassy to Jerusalem.

1 Like

Christian extremists welcome the end of days and pray for the second coming.

Anything that scum like Morrison can do to hasten the apocalypse, they will do.

3 Likes

As if the Palestinians haven’t been through enough. Now beibg a political football in Australian politics.

3 Likes

Again, I invite you to imagine a world where the front page tabloid headline is…
Liberal Numpties Can’t Think For Themselves
Racist cause they were told to be.

5 Likes

Thanks Christ we have the ABC to present this factually for the broader public, for now.

1 Like

Apparently the seat of Wentworth has a significant Jewish population.

ScoMo showing just how expedient, and slimy politicians are.

3 Likes

Not even close.
I’m talking about a tabloid that won’t hesitate to photoshop Scummo in a nazi uniform where he just happens to be raising his arm on the front page with an all black ‘disaster’ background.

2 Likes

Reportedly, Wentworth electorate has 13% Jewish voters, the highest in the country. Sharma’s position on the relocation of the Embassy was well known.
Morrison has not advanced Sharma’s cause. Do the other Wentworth voters want Australia’s foreign policy to be bought by wealthy Jewish electoral funding?
Sharma’s attraction as a candidate was his appeal to the Jewish vote and capacity to raise funds from that source. It might count against him now.

Marise Payne must be thrilled with Morrison. . She is in Jakarta now for a meeting of Foreign Ministers and has been asked to explain his actions. It also puts at risk the bilateral trade agreement.
Morrison is supposed to governing the country, not running an advertising agency.

3 Likes

Which action?

Embassy to Jewroosalum thing.

Hard to keep up with all the gaffs.

1 Like

One day I intend to study Judaism, read the Torah, learn Hebrew and tour Israel. All in jew course.

5 Likes

Add in that walking tour across the Red Sea.

2 Likes

Wonder if we’ll read about the embassy thing being an “admin error” tomorrow. Farking hilarious watching these ■■■■■■ getting jumpy about what everyone thinks in order to accomodate coal mining.