Australian Politics, Mark II

Not a lot of love for Kerryn Phelps. After Clover Moore got her into local government, she proceeded to sabotage Moore ( as did Lucy Turnbull). Her adjunct Professorship is in complementary medicine (largely funded by Blackmore). She’ll go to the highest bidder.

2 Likes

Wasn’t she head of ama?

1 Like

Yep, she was.

1 Like

Her brother is Peter Phelps, the actor, but I’d say she’s better known.

That Canberra bubble video by Morrison has to be the most cringeworth, hamfisted, condescending piece of schlock to come out of Canberra is a long long time. Straight outta the brains trust of the hollow men.

1 Like

Can’t say that is the most elegant pose ever struck by a PM.

Too long tie. Very Trumpian.

I like how he says unemployment is as good as it’s been in seven(-ish) years: I wonder who was in power in April 2012?

3 Likes

Amateur hour.

Is this the best we can do?

I’d rather a 60 second advert explaining one of their policies or the $450B GBR investment.

3 Likes

I like Scotty Doesn’t Know.

6 Likes

he’s just an aussie larrikin, just goin about his job for the aussie battler, from the shire, one of us ya know, wearing baseball caps and Makin Australia Grouse Again.

1 Like

Just gettin on wid it, bruh

Friend of mine is a quite successful scientist with an indigenous background. Apparently she went to some sort of science gala/awards function the other night, with Morrrison giving an address. He said stuff about Captain Cook ‘going where nobody had been before’ and that ‘the magic of science is founded in belief’.

The room was not impressed, to put in mildly.

8 Likes

In my experience good poiticians know what to say given the environment they are in or the audience around them. Either ScoMo is just all kinds of stupid or does not care about the truth or what anyone else thinks.

Not sure that Lieutenant Cook, ever travelled to many places where no man (or women) had stepped before. And while I think science is magic, there is no magic in science, it is all hard work and testing.

4 Likes

What I REALLY don’t understand is that factions within the Libs got rid of Turnbull KNOWING that it would make the party even more unelectable. The performance of the Lib/Nats since getting rid of Turnbull has been nothing short of shambolic.
I have been no fan of the Libs in the past but good government needs a competent/coherent government held to account by competent/coherent opposition. While I have leaned toward Labor in the past I don’t particularly want a party to gain office purely because the ruling mob fell over.

A good politician is outward looking and a good Party has strong leadership and parked egos. Difficult to achieve it seems. I do not care that much who is the Leader of any Party, I care about policy and how they go about it.

All that said; while the Polls show 55 to 45 in favour of Labor, you have to wonder why so many people still support LNP when they so obviously have no idea about running a Country.

And I would argue that Governments lose office, and Opposition wins by being less stinky. In my time, only Whitlam has really win because he offered so much and was a popular choice. Fraser won because Whitlams Government had lost the plot, Fraser lost because they were an economic disaster and Hawkie was perhaps a saviour, Keating lost because his Government were tired, Howard lost because they had squandered the mining boom, Rudd lost because he was an egotistical prikk.

ScoMO will lose because in spite of Bill Shorten seemingly having leprosy, they are stupid, incompetent rightwing nuff-nuffs. I just now go with the flow.

3 Likes

I don’t think they knew.

What’s the odds of having Dutton or Abbott back as leader going into the election?

Virtually zero IMO. ScuMo would have to die or be incapable of speech.

After they lose though?? Expect Abboott to think he’s a chance at least, … whether he’s deluded in thinking that, only time will tell. It will all depend on who Rupert thinks has the best shot and decides to install.

1 Like

If LNP leadership was Abbott/Joyce once again, then their vote would improve, but it will no thappen.