Australian Politics, Mark II

His was certainly the worst (and most depressing) part of the combined Phoney / Boneless / ScuMo clusterfuk Trifecta, … no doubt.

1 Like

Or we could just keep electing more Independents until the Parties disappear up their own clackers and see if we can’t end up with a real Democracy .

1 Like

And that grinning idiot Cash gets rolled over & jailed.

And Hanson gets hit by a Bus.

2 Likes

What going on with that? Is there any kind of investigation ongoing?

Not sure now you ask. Haven’t heard anything in the past 2 months or so, but that’s no surprise. Certainly haven’t heard it;s over or she’s been cleared though, so I’m guessing it;s still ongoing with the AFP.

The Federal Court has ordered her to give evidence in the case instigated by the AWU. The AFP is still liaising with the Commonwealth DPP on the AFP leaks investigation, which seems to be delaying the Federal Court proceedings.
Senate Estimates kicks off this week, but if she does front, she would claim sub judice.

Nah, it was wonderful compared to Billy Big-Ears

1 Like

You must be joking. Come on BF it can’t have been worse.

I bet fund raising in Wentworth is a lot easier than where I live. We had a big event two weeks ago and raised $20,000 for our State campaign, which was massive for us.

This is the cost of one electorate wide mailout .

Bonham’s analysis of postals counted today.

"Sunday 7:15 pm: A further 1212 postals have been counted breaking 688-460 with 64 informals. That’s only a 60-40 split; Phelps now leads by 1613. Allowing for informals the mathematical maximum of remaining formal postals is about 5650, but it won’t be that many in reality. The two early “miscounts” were simply cases of misrecording of numbers, easily done."

Yes, Wentworth well heeled. I know some working poor in Melton who lead frugal lives but who constantly struggle to pay the rent and other bills.

Rent is the killer. You can live frugally but well enough on the pension as long as you don’t have to pay rent. The rent allowance with the pension is a sick joke.

Public housing is effectively non-existent. The waiting list for a Housing Commission flat is something like 10 years — more if you’re only a single adult male.

It’s high time Dan Andrews & co. turned their attention to public housing. Or is removing level crossings really a more important enterprise ? Maybe it is, to the well-heeled middle-class motorist commuters, some of whom even vote for Labor…

1 Like

Unfortunately you’re right. People care more about shaving 10 minutes off their daily commute than they do about putting a roof over some ‘bludgers’ or ‘druggies’ head.

Look out for that bus on your left!

Typical leftist propoganda …

Billy Big Ears is the winner by a long way in my life-time. Actually Fraser comes second, as they also had no idea on running an economy. Both of them make Howard, Abbott, Turnball and now ScoMo look like Gods!

Best was easily Gough, in spite of also having no farking idea on the economy or how to manage a Government. They did things, changed our social landscape for the better, and introduced so many reforms including Medibank (Medicare) and FREE University.

1 Like

I am optimistic that Shorten will prove to be at least aceptable as I believe his cuurent demeanour is all about unity and stability. So in effect, somewhat constrained. They seem to me (the ALP), to be treading very, very carefully because of the recent past.

On another tack, I believed that the Krudd was a self serving scumbag from the go get when he took the leadership from Beasley. I then wavered somewhat but that did not last long. And what are we seeing now? The slimy scumbag is outing himself again with his book, just when the focus does not need to be on his/their sordid past. A true team player, NOT.

1 Like

WENTWORTH (noun) - the consequent value of one having left a party

Thanks to David Astle

1 Like

About two months ago my head nearly imploded when I learned that Whitlam was Liberal. I’d gone my whole life assuming he was Labor with those initiatives.