Australian Politics, Mark II

Looks like the Racist race baiting Liberals are Racist.

Who would have thought?

Fcuken arrseholes.

3 Likes

Absolute lying, fear mongering ■■■■■!

2 Likes

Former Liberal staffers ‘parachuted’ into top Treasury positions, says Labor

Chris Bowen says the government is politicising commonwealth agencies

Katharine Murphy,

Labor has raised concerns about the Turnbull government’s decision to appoint former political staffers to key bureaucratic roles in proximity to the federal election expected either later this year, or in the first half of 2019.

Shadow treasurer Chris Bowen said on Friday: “Let’s get this right, Scott Morrison’s former chief-of-staff and Mathias Cormann’s former chief-of-staff have been parachuted into secretary and deputy secretary of treasury roles.”

“The next budget document the treasury and finance produces could be the independent pre-election Economic and Fiscal Outlook – and Scott Morrison appoints two prominent Liberal party staffers into key, sensitive treasury roles,” Bowen said.

Bowen also objected to the government’s decision on Friday to appoint another former Liberal staffer to be chair of the Productivity Commission, which is an independent economic adviser to the commonwealth.

This week the government appointed Phil Gaetjens, a long-serving Liberal party staffer, to head the treasury, replacing the incumbent secretary, John Fraser, who announced his intention to move on.

Fraser was appointed to the post by then treasurer Joe Hockey after Tony Abbott sought the dismissal of Martin Parkinson after coming to office in 2013. Parkinson was restored to the bureaucracy by Malcolm Turnbull after he won the Liberal party leadership and now heads the prime minister’s department.

Simon Atkinson, who worked for Cormann in the finance portfolio, has been appointed to treasury as a deputy secretary. Morrison also appointed Michael Brennan, a former staffer to the Liberal senator Nick Minchin, the new chair of the productivity commission.

It is common in Canberra for federal officials to work for stints in ministerial offices before returning to the bureaucracy, and both sides of politics have made political appointments to the public service.

But Bowen has been raising objections for months that Morrison is politicising the treasury.

In May the shadow treasurer declared Morrison was intent on turning the prestigious commonwealth agency into a “political battering ram”.

Bowen said if Labor won the next federal election, he intended to pursue a “productive, professional working relationship with the treasury, and I will not be engaging in the politicisation of the treasury like this treasurer has – used it as a crutch to support government policies”.

2 Likes

Ironically enough, apparently this photo is actually from England about 5-6 years ago.

Apparently, the terrifying ‘African gangs’ are so ever-present in dominating Melbourne’s streets in a neverending reign of terror, that the Libs had to go to the other side of the world and half a decade back in time to find a photo of one.

4 Likes

Handed out where that african guy was stabbed by a guy screaming ■■■■ like ‘get out of my country’.

1 Like

If the LNP can give Foxtel 30 million ( Rupert ) which not everybody has for womens sport, and take 84 million off the ABC why wouldn’t the ABC be biased.

Make sure you Opt Out.

Opt out options here.

@Bacchusfox were any of your local councilers like this?

I don’t watch T Ballard either, mainly because he’s crap at being funny.

Conservatives have long tried to cast anything other than their point of view as biased. The Australian Jewry are even worse. Reports on the most recent unrest were condemned as the ABC barracking for Hamas if it dared to report the numbers of casualties. The usual boofheads from the LNP saw this as further proof that they were right about the ABC all along…

An Australian media without an independant ABC doesn’t bear thinking about.

5 Likes

Um, WTF?

Nah, during my time we were a refined bunch. I do know of some Councils in Victoria where it has been a real circus with assaults and other shenanigans.

In my early days, we did have a Mayor who thought that local government meetings had the same priviledge as Parliament. He regularly abused everyone, and was quite shocked when he had to face a Court for a civil action.

I did get into some trouble for calling two local citizens dropkicks, but I apologised and whipped myself in public; never bit anyone though.

See Michael Danby and his taxpayer-funded attack on an ABC journalist.

Terry McCrann (although I don’t subscribe to his views) was dirty on Solly Lew because he demanded that the Coles board indemnify him against losses in his Yannon shareholding because he stood to lose a motz. McCrann suggested this was crooked…and illegal…Isi Liebler called him anti-Semitic even though McCrann never mentioned ethnicity. Liebler was boss of the Council of Australian Jewry (founded Jetset). I think they play the anti-Semitic card too often.

1 Like

The Council for Australian Jewry does not represent the Australian Jewish community, which, as surveys have shown, is not that homogenous in its views on all things Israel and Palestine, including actions in Gaza.

1 Like

The anti-semitic card gets bandied about wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too loosely now. It is a standard response to anyone who dares to question Israel’s abhorrent human rights records. I mean ■■■■, Netanyahu is a legit war criminal and Western media just turns a blind eye to all this and actually support it.

4 Likes

Can’t agree with much of that, except that the Israeli PM is not a very nice person.

The Media, in my view tend to paint Palestinians as the meek innocents in this vile conflict. Maybe if they stopped sending rockets and mortars into Israeli homes, then the IDF reaction may not be as so strong.

Lol you cannot be serious? Palestinians gunned down for throwing rocks are labelled as “instigators” by U.S media. You’ve got it completely the wrong way around.

1 Like

oh no, not this again.

2 Likes

Anti semitism is one of the greatest cons in history. They have parlayed The Holocaust (and don’t go jumping on me for this, because it was a truly evil thing) into anyone who says anything against Jews and/or Israel is committing a socially unacceptable deed. It’s mind blowing. You can be anti anything/anyone else, but for some reason not these guys. Probably the most stunningly successful PR campaign in history.

4 Likes

I think, it’s entirly possible to have no issue with jewdaism and think Israel are a pack of ■■■■■.

It’s yet another example of this home team mentality that has engulfed the world

I’m a Jew, therefore I have to support Israel
I’m a right wing voter therefore I have to deny climate change

Only if your a d!ckhead

I don’t want to bring Nazism into this Benfti but come on mate, it’s “you’re a d!ck head”