Australian Politics, Mark II

Huh ?

If you were guaranteed a house and a car, some would be happy to see me go. In fact, Mrs Fox the Second got the house and both cars! And the kids.

1 Like

They exist at the behest of those in the background restraining Israel from doing them over completely. Maybe not ‘innocents’ so much as victims.

Everyone there are victims.

Did you know that Hitler’s speech writer was literally a gramma Nazi?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Should the ABC be able to report on the number of casualties in a conflict without a lobby group and its conservative brethren attacking it for pre-conceived bias? I think it should. And coincidentally, the more the usual suspects moan about the coverage the more accurate it is.

If 100 rock throwers are killed by a military response or if homeowners are killed by rocket attack from the other side of the wall, the ABC should be able to report the facts without fear. And that includes the threat of de-funding.

7 Likes

Too many people suggest that being anti-Zionist is the same as being anti-Semitic.

I’ve known Jews who were rabidly anti-Zionist.

3 Likes

True, but too many people also make excuses for people who are genuinely anti-Semitic by saying stuff like ‘he’s just anti-Zionist’

Bloke was arrested in the states a couple of days ago, in the process of pouring petrol down all the garbage chutes etc in his apartment block. His apartment was stuffed full of explosives and fuel canisters and nazi books & memorabilia, and he was only arrested after a business associate went to the cops after this guy told him about his plans to burn down the building in order to ‘kill all the Jews’,

This guy was not acting out of measured disagreement with Israeli policy in the occupied territories, just sayin. And there’s a metric fuckload of people who believe exactly like he does. Actual Holocaust deniers won at least two Republican nominations for the upcoming mid-term elections. The repubs have disowned them, but their names are still on the ballot. And Farrakhan’s all about some sort of weird black nationalist ideology which legit hates Jews, and he’s been hanging around the democratic party like a bad smell for decades too.

1 Like

My group practice makes records available for all my appointments with any doctor at the practice (doubt they have any great security) . They also get access to my public hospital records, which suits me. They have had a gripe about access to my private hospital records , even though I have agreed to release . it is in my interests to have have access for all relevant medical records across the board, but it should be opt-in.

Except for those wearing jackboots.

Do you really want to go there ? If you think that the Palestinians are just one big poor oppressed group of innocents and that all Israelis are jackboot wearing nazis, then good for you.

But there are a swag of displaced Palestinians who’ve been dispossessed and shot at by a group of people who, by and large, have had no claim on Palestine in well over a thousand years.

1 Like

Do you think anyone thinks this?
Honestly?

3 Likes

Melbourne’s African Teenagers Blamed For Crippling Drought In Western New South Wales

Ahead of four or five upcoming by-elections and a possible full-blown election in the next eighteen months, Melbourne’s small percentage African-Australian juvenile delinquents have been dragged back into the headlines by Liberal MPs who have otherwise forgotten how to bring about an emotional response from voters.

As of Monday, towns from Tamworth to Broken Hill have experienced their 56th consecutive week of bone-dry conditions – as the Western New South Wales drought continues to punish those farm and our food and clothes.

Official government estimates put 19.5 per cent of the state in drought, while other areas are on “drought watch” or “drought onset”.

The scorched earth of the pillaged Murray-Darling basin has made life much harder for those living off the land in regional New South Wales, and as Malcolm Turnbull pointed out earlier today, the African gangs aren’t helping.

“Some people, some of my colleagues, down in Melbourne… They’ve told me that these gangs might be responsible for the lack of water in the Murray-Darling. Maybe it isn’t the cotton industries fault at all”

“They’ve also, ummm, been linked with the alarming rates of farmers not getting rain while also being ■■■■■■ by the banks without a kiss”

“Only under a Coalition government will we, as Australians, feel safe at night, be that in the streets of Melbourne, or in the bush”

“Our government is the only one will have the power to circumvent the Victorian state government and empower inner-city Melbourne police officers to deal with these 2000 or so Sudanese kids in Melbourne that might be acting up”

“And in turn, help our farmers”

National and state farming representatives as well as prominent members from Melbourne’s Sudanese community will take part in the “drought roundtable”, which was called by Agricultural Minister Mr Littleproud last month.

Mr Littleproud, who represents Maranoa in south west Queensland, said he wants to improve discussions between NSW farmers and Sudanese migrant teenagers from Melbourne, in a hope to provide as much relief as possible during times of drought.

3 Likes

So, Turnbull has been told by colleagues in Melbourne ( not just Dutton) that there are real concerns about Sudanese gangs. Name those colleagues. And who else have you talked to in Melbourne , other than your colleagues?

1 Like

not_sure_if_betoota_or_heraldsun.png

4 Likes

Yep. Even posts here indicate that.

Look what AN_10 has to say. He seems to denies Israels right to exist.

I deny their right to dominate the place based on some work of fiction two millennia ago, and I deny their right to practise apartheid.

And I think you’re a fool.

4 Likes

Yeah-nah.
They don’t think all Israelis are jackboot-wearing nazis.
They just don’t.
That sort of hyperbole is the death of rational discussion.

2 Likes

Jews have been living in “Palestine” for a very long time and it has nothing to do with the Bible or the Torah.

There is wrong and evil on both sides, and if you want to blame it all on the Jews then join the very large club.