Australian Politics, Mark II

That’s because you don’t know many people as smart as I am

1 Like

Any time anyone says ‘the innocent have nothing to fear’ then the only appropriate response is ‘hold the ■■■■ up.’
Who decides innocence?
Me?
Oh, right. You.
■■■■ off.

Labor also sent the bill for the anti corruption body off for inquiry so that won’t get up until after an election.

They are just as dodgy as the blue boys.

Legitimately was voting labor next election but I’m lost again now.

■■■■ me they shat the bed in the last 24 hours

Suggest you read the bill and then read Labor policy on this. In my view the bill was not robust and needed more, like our policy provisions.

And with regards to your vote, perhaps you should try to move from knee jerk reactions and join up, so you can influence policy.

Oh spare me.

You don’t have to be a criminal to have something that you wouldn’t want others to know.

Would you be happy to hand over your entire internet search history to all your friends, family, co-workers etc? Every website you ever visited, every single search term you ever put into Google? Everything?

If you wouldn’t be happy to do this - congratulations: you have something to hide.

2 Likes

but NO

■■■■■■■ red and blue ram that ■■■■ home in a few hours

none of these morons will listen to any expert on anything will they?

id strongly consider that actually, but i am worried im just going to be stuck in a room full of yes men and my attitude wont go down well.

its more than that.

its about how easily cyber crimials will be albe to access peoples personal information.

identity theft is going to be rife

“I dont have anything to hide”

yeah you do, unless you have terrible credit, and no money

I could steal bill shortens identity and actually vote for good legislation

4 Likes

You know how to cut to the core of me…

3 Likes

Yeah, this. The whole ‘i don’t have anything to hide’ line is crap.

Even if you personally don’t have anything on your phone that you wouldn’t mind going public, and that you never access your bank account or email etc over the phone, it’s worth remembering that there are people who legit DO have things they’d like to (and should be able to) hide. Domestic violence victims, for instance. Whistleblowers. Gay kids with nutjob anti-gay parents. Lawyers. Even informants.

The problem with crypto backdoors is that once they exist, there’s zero ability to control who can use them. And there’s a long, long history of stuff like this either being used improperly by members of legit agencies, or leaking out beyond it’s approved habitat to be used by anyone willing to pony up the cash on Tor.

3 Likes

Like the cop who told his wife-abusing mate where the wife was living. Hard to control.

Totally support everything that @benfti and @Humble_Minion have said.

I know I’ve got 2-factor authentication and FaceID on a lot of stuff, but I don’t want crooks getting access to anything of mine.

If I had my way, I’d make the sale of email addresses illegal unless expressly authorised. Might stop those Bitcoin shysters from telling me I haven’t picked up my money, when I’ve never even considered getting involved.

1 Like

I actually don’t really give a fark what anyone thinks of me, though I do try to be decent to everyone. As some of my posts on blitz show, I do not always succeed. H

Don’t think I have done anything illegal on the net, and if my Wife or Daughter have a problem with me visiting a ■■■■ site, then it is actually their issue and not mine.

As I have said before the only thing I am not sharing are my bank access codes, if they are hacking then my bank is responsible and protects any loss, as long as do not willingly give access.

I won’t judge what sort of person you are, and I don’t want to know what dastardly things you seek to hide and I do get the sincere terror in your heart if you secrets are given up.

Lol, get 100 labor people in a room and you have 100 views. Then we work to reach an acceptable consensus.

I suspect most of your views would be centrist in my branch. I am glad I am in Vietnam, as they will be going apeshit over parliament yesterday.

1 Like

Did I just get accused of being a criminal?

I did say in my original post that I was referring to those who are not criminals, but who nevertheless would not want their entire internet history shown to everyone they know.

But I guess you simply ignored that, much like you ignore everything that doesn’t fit your unrelentingly ALP partisan view of the world. That’s cool

I use online banking, I sure as shitt don’t want a back door into my phone.

5 Likes

No of course not. I have it on good authority that you are more saintly than Caesar.

But you have concerns, so there are things you do not want to share.

And my views while Labor flavoured, fall very much way left of much of the ALP. I am actually happy for Government to know everything.

I have been investigating the who matter however, and I think I have been watching far too much TV, as these laws are about the ability for our Law Enforcement to hack into devices like phone and read messages as they are being typed or downloaded stored messages. They do that all the time on NCIS and those FBI shows, just like they have cameras everywhere watching everything I do.

Christ on a bike.

There is a very good reason Apple took the FBI to court over similar laws and won

Is that a bit like a nun on a penny farthing bicycle? Virgin on the ridiculous?

4 Likes

Seems Trip has a new name.