Australian Politics, Mark II

Well, someone else responded to that bit of nonsense aptly. Do you crack a fat over Israelis? That question is as silly as yours. If you think the status quo ‘over there’ is all good and dandy then I believe you have lost the plot. Your Palestinians are treated as well as the German authorities treated the Jews and others in ghettos. Even with the world’s media watching. The Israelis have this cunning knack of deflection that is without equal. Our illustrious treasurer comes close, however.

2 Likes

[
There is no “status quo” in the whole Middle East, it is a cesspit full of hatred and violence.

Everyone is to blame and to just attack one side or the other is nonsense. There will never be peace until the violence ends and it means Israeli has to withdraw and stop killing, Palestinians need to stop attacks and the Arab world has to support peace and respect Israels right to exist.

And Barker Bomber, I do have many friends in Israel, who like me hate their Government.

Not only that, but there is also a great many who have no ancestral claims whatsoever to Israel, and whose ancestors in other lands converted to Judaism.

I see NSW pollies are back at it.

2 Likes

The Qld ones aren’t far behind…

1 Like

You don’t “accidentally” say you got a medal for distinguished service. He’s another dishonest, self-aggrandising pig.

3 Likes

Perhaps it was a mistake though. This bloke has an Australian Defence Medal which all who serve in the ADF gets, but he wrote Australian Service Medal which you get if you serve in a peacekeeping force.

Perhaps an honest mistake.

In any case, perhaps an over-reaction from media who seek to find fault with everything.

2 Likes

Why even mention it if it’s the medal everyone gets after 4 years service?

2 Likes

Of all the issues in melbourne, honestly is anyone affected by Sudanese gangs?

Seems like i am defending this turd, but it was part of a form all Candidates had to fill in and it asked about awards etc. Many of us have filled this stuff in and got a word wrong or maybe embellished ourselves, but for me it is just another example of media want to create dirt.

1 Like

The former Labor state member for Darling Range over here recently quit due to pressure from his constituents and the media over a similar service ‘embellishment’. Rightly so, too. He won votes on the back of bullshit claims and was caught flat out lying.

At least the good people of NSW get a chance to see this fraud for what he really is before he dishonesty takes a position on the taxpayer’s teat.

2 Likes

The difference is that Labor stood him down, and ended up losing the seat. On the other hand, the Tories are defending this bloke.

There are always different standards applied to the LibNats v Labor

2 Likes

Good point.

I worked as a Head Hunter for a short time, and it was so surprising the number of “honest mistakes” you found on resumes for even the most senior positions. It began a contest amongst us to find the “mistake” in someones work history or achievements. It is so easy to check with a University on the status of graduates and even easier to see a fault in the work history timeline. Some people gave references that did not know them, or who thought they were a real toss-bag and were happy to spread the word.

It’s actually awarded after four years service, or a minimum period of service. That means that National Servicemen who did their two year contract back in the old days qualify for it too. We call it the “short-service medal” (the joke being because the Long Service medal is awarded after fifteen years service).

1 Like

Lol. Accidental my ■■■■!

Politician claims the medal for “I went overseas and served as a peacekeeper” rather than the “I joined the army” medal he actually has. Who would have thought a politician would ever tell lies to pump his own tyres.

3 Likes

I want to blame it on Israelites, my GP has nothing to do with it.

Funny enough Comrade my current GP is Palestinian !! Lovely bloke and very good doctor; and I would not blame anything on him, as he does a prostrate check on me every year and has the upper hand or finger, so to speak !!

1 Like

Speaking of ■■■■ fingering, the scene from Louie CK where the R Gervais character suggestively fingers Louie during a prostate check is one of the most awkwardly funny things I have ever seen.

1 Like

At least Abbott came out and errr “shirtfronted” Putin again in the last 24 hours. This guy, though? LOL

MH17: Liberal MP Craig Kelly angers colleagues with comments on Russia’s role in accident

mobile.abc.net.au
9 mins read

Video 0:57
Liberal MP says Russia’s crimes should be “looked over” for sake of good relations
ABC News
Liberal backbencher Craig Kelly has responded to the grieving parents of three children who died when MH17 was shot down in 2014 by saying Russia’s involvement should be “looked over” for the sake of good relations.
Mr Kelly has outraged many of his colleagues by declaring “nothing that happens” could bring back the 298 victims of the missile attack.
He was responding to a heartfelt message from Anthony Maslin, the Perth father whose three children were killed on MH17, accusing US President Donald Trump of “kissing the ■■■■” of Russian President Vladimir Putin at their Monday summit.

“Mr Trump, you invented and speak a lot about ‘fake news’. But let’s try talking about something that’s not fake … let’s call them irrefutable facts,” Mr Maslin wrote in a public Facebook post.

On Sky News earlier today Mr Kelly responded by saying, “Any father that has lost three kids would be absolutely devastated but the reality is nothing is going to bring those three kids back”.

"So what is best for the continued future of the world … and it is best in my opinion that the leader of the USA and the leader of Russia at least have a good talking relationship.

"If that means some of the things that Russia has gotten away with in the past has to be slightly looked over, well I’m sorry that’s the price that we have to pay sometimes to have good relations going forward.
“We can’t fix things that happened in the past, we’ve got to make sure that the relationships between Russia and the US going forward are the best they can possibly be.”

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten called on Mr Kelly to apologise for his comments.

“I cannot believe he said this. Australians were killed. Children were killed. There are no excuses, ever. Craig Kelly should apologise to the families of the victims,” Mr Shorten said on Twitter.

‘Russia must be held to account’: Julie Bishop
The Australian Government has been scathing in its condemnation of Russia’s involvement in the 2014 incident.

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop recently said she considered Russia legally responsible for the downing of the aircraft and should pay compensation to the families of the 38 Australians killed.

“Australia remains committed to seeking justice for the victims of the shooting down of MH17, for which we have attributed state responsibility to Russia,” Ms Bishop said in a statement.

“Russia must be held to account. We will continue to work with other nations including the United States to achieve that goal. I will be raising this matter in my meeting with Secretary Pompeo next week.”

In a joint statement to mark the anniversary, Ms Bishop and Attorney-General Christian Porter made it clear they held Mr Putin’s Russia responsible for the disaster.

Craig Kelly. Lol. Another sell out gutter snake. Monash Forum cheer leader. All round ■■■■ bloke. Tony Abbott is worried he’s about to be history. That should tell us something.

2 Likes