Australian Politics, Mark II

Yep. And others will say “fark it. Let’s vote for him to p1ss everyone off.” Then the idiot gets voted in. Nah… never going to happen.

2 Likes

Deputy mayor of Mildura. He’s considering it. Fairly well aligned with Cupper.

Yep. First thing I thought was how did this fat prick get my number? Second thought was pay your staff before you go off trying to suck on the tax payer’s teat some more. Farking fat cat arseholes who just can’t do anything else.

1 Like

Ah, ok. No wonder he rang no bells with me. I’m in Swan Hill.

Yeah, he went for council around 5 or 6 years ago. Big pitch on solar. I think he has a building background as well as rooftop solar installations. Anyway, his pitch resonated with me more than anyone else has ever done here. It’s usually a Glen Milne type who bangs on about Christian values and then just feathers their own nest (as one would expect). Jason has skin in the solar game but has also been very vocal about river health. I know Cupper a bit and she’s encouraging him to go for it. I suspect he’s wondering what it would be like to go up against Credlin and whether he’s better off just staying in council.

2 Likes

Twisted Sister were having a go at him on twitter for ripping off their song.
A powerful political enemy.

1 Like

Billboards are for car traffic. Tradies, truckies etc.

Fortunately in Australia it never gets too hot 300km inland for rail lines to warp and make those speeds impossible for 4 months of every year.

So it’s not even feasible? lmfao

Don’t underestimate the Dee

“Thirty years after the hearing, Snider has written an Op/Ed for the Huffington Post. In looking back at his testimony, Snider says, “I did welcome the opportunity to show the PMRC and the Senate subcommittee how you should not judge a book by its heavy-metal cover. Their indignant reactions to my '80s rock-star look and their dropped jaws when I proceeded to take every one of their arguments apart were priceless.”

Snider continues, “The raw hatred I saw in Al Gore’s eyes when I said Tipper Gore had a dirty mind for interpreting my song ‘Under the Blade’ as being about sadomasochism and bondage (it was actually written about my guitarist’s throat operation) was a joy to behold. They really should have vetted me better before allowing me in to speak.”

Now that there has been three decades to evaluate the effects of the PMRC and the Senate hearing, Snider says, “Thirty years later, everything and nothing has changed. The ultra-conservatives still want to dictate to the masses what they deem acceptable for the general public to see and hear. The record industry is a mere shadow of its former self (apt punishment for its cowardice), and CDs and vinyl albums have almost become ‘novelties’ in a world driven by downloads. Yet, the warning labels still adorn individual track listings and albums online.”

Can see that a whole lot of advertising agencies and spin doctors will be left owed large amounts by Palmer.

Too bad … ■■■■ those pony-tailed wankers.

1 Like

What the ■■■■ is 300km from Melbourne?
Fkg Dargo? Hamilton? Switch your brain on, nobody’s spending 10s of millions on fast fkg trains to Dargo.

I’m sorry if I gave you the impression that I’m excited by this policy. I’m not. One single bit. I live in the SE suburbs ffs - why the ■■■■ would I even care about this.

Does Clive have any mining prospects 300km from Melbourne?

Maybe Albury

2 Likes

Port Fairy. Bring on those fast trains!

Actually, don’t! The whole idea is a rort.

It’s whats stupid about politics, certainly in this country if not most others as well.

Make claims that aren’t well researched or referenced for anyone to be able to look into. Then if you get elected, simply can’t deliver on a promise of that magnitude from the fringes.

Surely the media should spend less time asking about the ■■■■■■ texts and call him out on the absurdity of his platform.

1 Like

Clive “lets have fast trains and huge subsidies for my mines” Palmer.

1 Like

Clive “it’s not about me but i’ll start my ads and make it about me and then say it’s not about me” Palmer.

Remember when Clive lost a heap of weight? What happened there?