Australian Politics, Mark II

I’d feel more threatened by the Ranga in Foreign Affairs. Linda Reynolds is no threat: she’s too stupid.

1 Like

Hasn’t done Hanson much harm. Different field though. Sort of.

No, not Hanson. Marise Payne.

Yeah, the other one. Interesting to see if the current focus on racial hatred does much to PHON. Not sure it will. Those folks have nailed their flag to the mast.

How’s Howard talking rubbish about the preference deal with NSW Labor and the shooter’s party hosing down federal gun laws? John, you realise that’s obviously rubbish? If only a news outlet would point that out instead of doing the “aha” thing.

Btw, why is a senator for WA the minister for North Queensland emergency response?

One party at a time…

Oh absolutely. I’d love a boring PM for a while.

2004 simmo: man i wish politicians weren’t so vanilla. they should show more personality
2019 simmo: no no not like that

10 Likes

After the Bourke Street terrorist incident, Morrison said the Muslim faith community should do more to identify such terrorists.
Who’s he going to blame for the Christchurch terrorist, the white Christian community?

12 Likes

It’s incumbent upon moderate white conservatives to report the radicalised right wing members among them.

7 Likes

#notallchristians

1 Like

Technically he said he wasn’t a christian, so really it should be the White, Anti-immigrant, Anti-Muslim, conservative leaning members of the community that should be forced to apologise and do more to identify such radicalised members of their fraternity.

1 Like

Agree, so we can condense that to all right wing conservatives need to do more to point out the radicalised amongst them

2 Likes

In the days after it happened (so today I guess) I genuinely wondered that if “white community leaders” were called upon to speak out against such atrocities, then who should do it?

I thought maybe Kevin Sheedy or Shannon Noll

What comes around goes around. So Bolt, Albrechtsen, Jones, Howard etc

Labor announcing Health policy for the West

I thought community leaders were respectable types?

2 Likes

Ah so you mean a token Aussie like Waleed for muslims.

My suggestions
Father Bob
Hamish Blake
The bloke from Kenny

1 Like

Pithy epitaph.

Suffering succotash while I’m at it

Fraser Anning was loud and clear, wasn’t he?; imagine if an Imam had said what Annings had said after an Islamic terrorist attack.

2 Likes