Australian Politics, Mark II

How could he afford to? Selling off assets as part of the divorce.
He’s got Nats preselection

Buried in the PHON mess was the Hotels Association paying off Lib and Labor to not preference the Green due to their position on pokies

How much more proof do people need that the 2 majors in this country sell policy to the highest bidder?

2 Likes

This is cold if true (and I have no reason to doubt it, he has form). Shocking case of a lack of heart and compassion. And at what cost? $10 bill? Is he off his tree?

3 Likes

Strange how the MSM backing the Libs, but letting the journalists loose on their stored up leaks about Morrison. Hartcher’s demolition job makes the ABC look right wing.

1 Like

You sure whinge a lot; though you had quit the Greens. They did teach you very well.

All the seats that I have looked at Labor preferenced Greens before Liberals. Another rubbish Age story by Royce Millar.

I like Poker machines, think I will go to Crown tomorrow and win a fortune, and on my way home will stop at the Melton Club to make a donation to the Bombers.

1 Like

Yeah I have; as a result more jaded than ever.

Regardless, it’s my democratic right to whinge about this.

It’s not about the pokies mate, it’s the larger issue of these corporations donating to parties to influence policy. I guess there is some solace in the fact that labor’s price was higher.

It should be seen as the corruption of democracy it is. But people just turn a blind eye.

It’s complete bullsht

2 Likes

I see it differently to you.

Labor has a policy that supports Poker Machines under very strict rules and regulations, so AHA support the Party or Parties that support the legislation. Just like I donate to Labor.

Greens support the Wind Farm Industry and get millions of dollars from them, so what is the difference?

None, it’s all bullshit

Unfortunately it’s not, … It’s reality mate.

It’s just that reality sucks.

Judging by that, & the Presser they just held, they certainly took close notice of one lesson from the NRA shown in the doco, … Just attack, in whatever way possible, …“Offence Offence Offence”

Very much the Trump playbook as well.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is denying it’s reality.

It’s not how things should be. Policy decisions should be totally uninfluenced.

It’s not ethical.

2 Likes

No, it’s not, but it is, … and is unlikely to change anytime soon.

I’m just saying you’re kinda stating the obvious/preaching to the choir mate, I’ve been railing against it for 30 plus years, as have many others, and it hasn’t gotten better, it’s gotten worse here.

Labor has some changes in mind, but the biggest thing in their Policies is the creation of a Fed ICAC, … which for some reason, we haven’t heard a lot about lately, but as I’ve said before, that one policy alone should be enough for almost everyone to cast their ballot for them this time around.

That will at least arrest it to some degree, and eliminate the worst of it .

1 Like

I’m totally onboard with the FED ICAC, it’s the main reason why I’m going Labor 1 at the next election.

5 Likes

Wow, Just disgusting and so disturbing listening to these NRA arseholes speaking about how they influence and blackmail and virtually own the US Government. Callous, heartless opportunistic germs.

I wonder what effect this doco might have when shown over there? :thinking:

Probably not a lot, but it certainly won’t hurt,

3 Likes

Here’s the Hartcher article, good read. Now I t all makes sense how we have ended up with this second rate clown as PM.

Think there’s a juicy part 2 tomorrow!!!

1 Like

Does anyone recall I proffered at the time that Dutton was a Fear raising False flag and ScUmBag was the real “Ruperts Choice”??

The “whew, thank fk it’s not Dutton” relief guy that was always to be installed?

The prick even came out to Australia for 2 weeks to orchestrate it to the letter.

My only question since has been was Potato head stooged, or was he in on it from the start as well?

2 Likes

Well, you were probably right.

if you read that article he’s been chipping away in the background for some time.

Honestly, as bad as he was I prefer Abbott over this guy.

I can’t go that far,… I find them both equally sickening but in different ways.

4 Likes

Karen Middleton ran a similar story in the 1-7 September 2018 edition of the Saturday Paper.

2 Likes

What does that actually mean beni ? All policy decisions are influenced by many things.

Liberals get money from many sources, So do Greens; Labors main source is Trade Unions.

Conservationists lobby, farmers lobby, miners lobby, everyone farking lobbies. I am meeting with our Federal Member tomorrow to lobby for my Town.

Do you expect Politicians and Political Parties to live in some big bubble where they make all decisions without listening to anyone?

The World does not work like that and you know it, so don’t be so pious.