Australian Politics, Mark II

So the ‘conflict fatigue’ party rolls over yet again. What a shock.

1 Like

Economy is tanking but no msm is holding the govt to account.

3 Likes

The economy is tanking for regular folk like you and me but corporate profits and productivity are soaring. Country is generating wealth but ■■■■ all of it is going back to the people.

7 Likes

Yeh, but ‘aspiration’…

Online shopping going through the roof so plenty of people are spending. Yesterday in Adelaide broke a stack of records in that department

LOL

Those with money are spending; the rest are just struggling to pay their farking winter power bills.

6 Likes

Does “online shopping” include paying extra ATO bills they slugged people with their June 30 deadline?

Rolls over ! They lost the election and don’t have numbers to do anything.

In any case, Voters get what they deserve.

HOW GOOD IS AUSTRALIA!!!

5 Likes

Then either a lot of people have money to spend or are choosing to purchase clothes and handbags at the expense of paying their utility bills. I can see the data of what brand is going to what areas and sales of Mimco, Country Road, Styletread and Converse just to name a few are through the roof and very high numbers of sales to what are considered low SES areas such as Salisbury, Elizabeth and other Northern suburbs.

No I’m talking about pure numbers of incoming and outgoing articles. We had to put on extra flights to clear the load last night. Freight volume was at an all time high for this time of year

Isn’t EOYFS allways big?

This year is by far the biggest we have seen as far as clothing and accessories go

1 Like

I can guarantee that Myer will have an UP TO 50% off sale which will comprise the same boring rubbish they have been selling for the last 30 years and none of the decent stuff will be discounted. After that they will sack the manager or some other fall guy that isn’t on the board then appoint a new one from the UK or Germany. The board of sort sellers er shareholders er directors will then do absolutely nothing to support the business until they fail again.

1 Like

Forgot go public, go private then relist.

ooh yeah, rinse and repeat. Nobody will ever suspect.

Don’t underestimate people’s stupidity all for the cause of “keeping up appearences”. Maybe not as extreme as foregoing paying utility bills, but they’ll go into debt over it.

2 Likes

A lot of people getting in early spending their franking credit payout the libs promised

11 Likes

Don’t forget your tax cuts that come AFTER the next election…FFS

Depressed people buy things to be less depressed for a brief period. Thank heavens Gerry Harvey got his 10% on all ebay international purchases!