Australian Politics, Mark II

Mimco are the ones that surprise me, geez they sell like hot cakes and it’s as expensive as hell

Did you really think people would vote to give up money that they get once a year? As much as it’s silly, if I were getting franking credits I would’ve voted liberal 100%.

That would be me loading up on dingus jr’s Birthday loot.

You could very easily become dead to me with comments like that.

Why? For saying that I’d vote liberal, or that I would vote to keep franking credits if I was fortunate enough to be able to take advantage of a loophole that shouldn’t exist? I’m just being realistic.

I’m sure you’re shattered by the thought that you’re dead to Bacchus.

Well I have been known to give away houses to women.

2 Likes

You can take the franking credits whether you voted Liberal or not.

Actually even considering voted Liberals is like hoping Carlscum will win a game.

1 Like

Unless you’ve backed them heavily.

But then you’re still a ■■■■.

1 Like

For clarity, it’s Fark Carlton who are the ■■■■■. Not @bomber_girl

1 Like

Bob Brown. The gift that keeps on giving. I did note his Cheshire cat grin with his anti-adani convey and thought that ignorance is bliss not knowing just how much he would go on to help LNP. It’s hard to pick the bigger dumb-■■■ - Bob Brown or Di Natale. I can’t decide. LOL.

Andrew Bolt: Climate of fury puts Brown on the outer

Andrew Bolt , Herald Sun

July 3, 2019 6:10pm

Subscriber only

What part of “democracy” does former Greens leader Bob Brown not understand, as he begs for money for a new protest camp?

I thought last month’s election would have been such a humiliating lesson for Brown that he’d be hiding in the deepest old-growth forest he could find.

After all, he’s widely credited as the man wot won it for ScoMo.

He’s the meddler who led a protest convoy into Queensland during the election campaign to demand a ban on the Adani mine — a convoy so resented by Queenslanders that many turned on Labor and the Greens and handed Prime Minister Scott Morrison and his pro-coal Liberals a miracle election victory.

Be clear about that message. Both Labor and Brown’s Greens called it the “climate election” — and they lost.

Even Queensland’s Labor Government was so frightened by that voter revolt that it instantly dropped its pathetic attempts to stop Adani, which then sent in the bulldozers.

But Brown is not giving up. Despite having lost a democratic vote over Adani, he has announced new plans to stop it — almost certainly with force.

A stop-Adani rally outside Parliament House in May this year. Picture: Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images

On Monday, Brown launched a crowd-funding page with Friends of the Galilee Basin to raise $500,000 to buy land near the proposed mine.

That would become a camp to train activists and plan protests against Adani, so “people can keep protecting country and put their bodies on the frontline”, because “mass civil disobedience is our last position to stop Adani.”

Putting “bodies on the line” in a “mass civil disobedience” inevitably means protesters breaking the law by stopping other people from going about their lawful business.

This is not Brown wanting to simply debate the issue and settle it peacefully with a vote — like the one we’ve only just had. This is about using force instead.

This is not democracy, but bullying.

BLOG WITH BOLT

But here’s the good news. As of lunchtime today, Brown had raised just $6500 of that $500,000 he wants.

That reinforces one other message from last month’s stunning election result, and also from the $2 million that Israel Folau raised in just a couple of days to fight his sacking by Rugby Australia just for quoting the Bible.

It seems Australians have had it with people like Brown in their face, or driving protest convoys through their towns to stop the jobs they need.

Excellent.

:joy:

Post reported.
Seriously.

3 Likes

This is an incredible blitz moment

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. Obviously this has got no publicity at all until the effort of you and Bolt.

I have now donated to this worthy cause.

9 Likes

Maybe he’s thinking about.

Robert DiPierdomenico

Or

Robert De Castella

1 Like

Deserves a permanent ban for posting dribble by Bolt who must be one of the greatest f uckwits ever to have walked the earth

7 Likes

Very harsh on Deeks.

A saying comes to mind. Something about a fool and money. And you admitted it! Lol.

Well you obviously have a subscription to the Herald Sun.

So people in glass houses or something similar.

3 Likes