Australian Politics, Mark II

Because QLD don’t give a fark about the environment.

Edit - except you and your missus.

1 Like

True, but most Queenslanders are mindnumbingly stupid and need a power of attorney. Though to be fair in my line of work I saw the worst of the worst

2 Likes

We are Melbournians again as of a few weeks ago

2 Likes

Well then they are truly farked.

2 Likes

Big difference between Brisbane and everywhere else, in my experience

some incredible mental backflips from the boomer labor man.

2 Likes

True, the moment you get anywhere out of Brisbane it’s red neck thunderdome.

For all those bagging ALP on the tax issue (and I do not disagree with you) here is some rationale for their position:

" There’s been a fair bit of misrepresentation on the tax bill that went through Parliament this week. Labor moved amendments in both the House of Reps and the Senate to change the bill in two ways: first to bring some of the tax cuts slated for three years time forward so they can help stimulate the economy now (known as stage 2). Secondly to remove from the bill the tax cuts that don’t take place for five years given we have no idea whether they are affordable or what it would mean for budget cuts when they are so many years into the future (known as stage 3). We lost those votes in both the Reps and the Senate.There are other parts of the debate where, the way the procedure of the Parliament works, you have to vote simultaneously on measures you oppose and measures you support. So be in no doubt there was clear vote on stage 3 in both the reps and the senate and each time we voted to remove it from the bill. Shadow Treasurer Jim Chalmers made clear:

What we tried to do was to do the right, responsible and constructive thing and say, ‘You’ve made a mess of the economy, and we’re going to help you try to turn things around.’ But what they always do is they always put a higher premium on having a barney with the Labor Party than on doing the right thing by the economy. If they genuinely wanted to do the right thing by the economy, they’d bring forward their own stage 2 tax cuts—or part of them—into the current year. They wouldn’t be holding stages 1 and 2 hostage to stage 3. They wouldn’t be saying that it’s more important that we get a tax cut in 261 weeks time than it is that we get a tax cut this week out of this parliament this term. The first vote of those opposite in this place was to vote against tax relief. That will be on their heads. The economy’s slowing; they need to do something about it. Stop pretending that there’s nothing wrong in the economy on your watch."

1 Like

2 Likes

Over this you do - this particular tax cut is an extraordinary upward transfer of wealth. If we had a functioning press not beholden to corporate interests, people would be mobilising on the streets as we speak.

The ALP, with this move have entrenched their status as Liberal Lite. I’m done with them.

1 Like

Can almost guarantee that the government, with not a peep out of labor, will grant full blown access to ‘My Health Record’ data to these clowns soon.

5 Likes

Who didn’t see this coming Albo…

3 Likes

Need to watch 4Corners tonight re: Oz water crisis, the MDB plan and the Lib Gov/ Big Biz money rorts.

It looks like it’s worse than what’s already known, … way worse.

1 Like

But they got voted in without clear policy so they have a mandate to do whatever the hell they want.

2 Likes

So we can expect more incoming cuts for the abc? Dont they know not to bite the hand that feeds them?

and partially in all the regions along the MD

this also may interest you

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/national/sa-researchers-changed-murray-darling-basin-plan-science/news-story/25991192e4f44b1e4edd456f7742d9dc

I wish I hadn’t watched now, … only half way through & I’m already quaking with anger.

FMD, … how has this been allowed to happen?

1 Like

It’s no surprise given the sheer gross incompetence of government in this country

2 Likes

I lived in Griffith for a few years, my wifes research lap was next door to MI.

If you meet the majority of people around their they would be upset about what was aired tonight, but will waltz back to the polls and vote back in the same LNP pleb because the alternative will give Muslims free flat screen TVs*

From an actual conversation I had with a key business figure in the area

3 Likes