Australian Politics, Mark III

Ffs Labor, can you just show something that inspires some confidence?

3 Likes

Communists ,or any belief system opposed to capitalism

Ok, but what does the extremist version of that look like, I need to know what to look for out of the periscope of my bunker?

1 Like

CHYNA connections

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

You win the internet today.

Ok, so if the worst of right wing extremism is a mosque mass murder what are the left wing extremists going to do to me, force me into veganism?

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IM SUPPOSE TO FEAR!

that’s what this is about right?

5 Likes

A close second.

I can only think of Baader–Meinhof group as an example of left wing extremists.

Actually maybe Italy, Greece and Spain have some examples in recent times, but I think this is low volume.

Weather Underground too.

There are some pretty nasty left wing nut jobs around.

Many my age were trained in Soviet back in the day with bizarre agendas. I bet they and their disciples are still plotting something

in the eyes of conservatives a left wing extremist is someone like malcolm turnbull

7 Likes

:clap: :clap: Genuine lol.

You mean like at the Vietnam Moratorium March up Bourke Street in May 1970, when everybody — all the Commos and assorted Pinkos — sat down in the roadway, thereby threatening the safety of the police horses ? Disgusting !

3 Likes

There were quite a few around in the late sixties and seventies…Red Brigade (Italy), Baader-Meinhof (Germany), a few in the US but they were often part of the civil rights movements.

Massive demos in Western Europe in 1968.

What was the mob Patti Hearst was part of? Symbionese Liberation Army.

Many of these were just anarchists, rather than left-wing.

2 Likes

I know you’re being rhetorical, but the intention here is to shift the Overton window.

They know there’s no far-left equivalent to the Nazis, Proud Boys, UPF or other groups (at least not in number and influence) but by introducing the phrase ‘far-left’ into the vernacular, they’re able to define it as whatever they want and present it as the diametric opposite to the groups mentioned above.

We’ll see Extinction Rebellion, the Youth Climate Coalition and the Greens painted as ‘just as bad’ as literal Nazis. The consent required to use harsh or violent tactics on ‘far left’ protests like the Global Climate March (for example) will be manufactured and the mining industry will escape with less scrutiny than it already has.

9 Likes

You forgot Get Up, the Guardian and union thugs.

1 Like

far right extremists: kill minorities
far left extremists: please don’t kill minorities
morons: BoTh SiDeS aRe JuSt As DaNgErOuS

7 Likes

Anyone fighting for Human rights, Equality, or Egalitarianism is bad OKAY?

Or so say RW Christians Groups, especially, … despite the fact it’s exactly what ol’ JC himself exactly preached :roll_eyes:

1 Like