Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

■■■■ off heart, the city is ours

Last noght just proved why victory have been the the measuring stick in the a league since its inception. Even when you think you have them beat they find a way to make you pay.

We just have no consistency in our game anymore sadly.

■■■■ off heart, the city is ours

Last noght just proved why victory have been the the measuring stick in the a league since its inception. Even when you think you have them beat they find a way to make you pay.

We just have no consistency in our game anymore sadly.

What I liked was when we equalised, quickly got the ball and back to halfway for the restart, no celebration. It was most likely because we missed the penalty but it may have caught City off guard.

And bouzanis will be in a fair bit of trouble for racial abuse.

Racial? To Berisha?

If he did it i hope he gets a massive ban

Hope so if he was racist.

What did Cahill say?

Still got no idea what the deal with Cahill red card was for. Was he subbed on then sent off as well?

Racial? To Berisha?

Yeah, called him a gypsy over and over again.

Hope so if he was racist.

What did Cahill say?

Still got no idea what the deal with Cahill red card was for. Was he subbed on then sent off as well?

Cahill was going to be subbed on as far as I know but never got on because he got his red after (I assume) remonstrating or questioning the 4th official after the overrule or whatever it was on the go ahead goal. No idea what was said or even what happened. I haven’t seen the incident and I am not likely to go out of my way to catch it, not going to get us a point is it?

No one has even said what it was for. Unless he pushed the ref I can’t imagine he would have said anything that deserved a straight red

That is a possibility that he pushed the 4th official but I don’t think he has any form anywhere on this does he? I doubt he got close enough to push the actual ref.

That is a possibility that he pushed the 4th official but I don't think he has any form anywhere on this does he? I doubt he got close enough to push the actual ref.

Must have called him a cheat or something then. You’re right, he didn’t get close enough to push the ref

Seems harsh. Though if he had have looked at a the screen (which he isn’t allowed to do by the way) he would have seen it was an own goal and so not offside

As a passionate Victory supporter I can honestly say I reckon we were very very lucky with the second goal.

Yes it was an own goal, but would Muscat have slid in if Berisha wasn’t there? Who knows whether he was covering Berisha or preventing the cross.

You see offside called all the time when it impacts the keeper so why any difference when it’s a defender?

Tough decision but one I am thrilled about.

Yeah…I didn’t think Berisha was allowed to stay there right in the keeper’s eyeline.

But I dislike Victory quite intensely.

As a passionate Victory supporter I can honestly say I reckon we were very very lucky with the second goal.

Yes it was an own goal, but would Muscat have slid in if Berisha wasn’t there? Who knows whether he was covering Berisha or preventing the cross.

You see offside called all the time when it impacts the keeper so why any difference when it’s a defender?

Tough decision but one I am thrilled about.

Yeah…I didn’t think Berisha was allowed to stay there right in the keeper’s eyeline.

But I dislike Victory quite intensely.

Nothing to do with keepers eye line in that instance. Same would apply if they were playing a through ball, won’t be offside. It’s usually only called if he was impacting on the keeper and Berisha wasn’t

Would have been more satisfying if it was Franjic instead of Muscat.

Did City finish with 10 men?

I’m wondering what happened when Cahill, got a red, if he wasn’t on, how could he be sent off?

Was a sub already in progress?

If so the prevention of Cahill being subbed on when the subbed off player came off would have effectively been a Claytons send off for Cahill.

Otherwise how would they choose who to send off, and would they?

Dean Bouzanis gets 5 matches, now maybe we can play Sorenson and I reckon our performances will improve as well.

LOL

La Rocca own goal of the season.

Absolute shambles

RIP Adelaide United