Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

latest figures I’m hearing is 7-9k away numbers. It’s going to be ■■■■■■■ awesome

Zappers on SEN has said MV fans have purchased 10k tickets in a hour. FFA forced to release more away bays

2 Likes

Flight booked
Ticket sorted
Staying with a mate in Sydney

1 Like

Can’t see us winning. We are not clinical enough in front of goal, we need 10 chances to score 1, we won’t get 10 chances against Sydney.

1 Like

Galekovic to victory? Aceman?

Haven’t heard that but he has told the players he is leaving the club. Signing Izzo up probably made his decision easier

Flying up tomorrow. Keeeeeeen

Still don’t think we’ll win. Muscy and some others trying to play mind games, makes me think that in their own heads this is the only way to beat them. Haven’t heard much out of Sydney camp

First beer done. Let’s do it?

Lots of Victory fans at the airport this morning :slight_smile:

I actually think I’d rather be in the outsider slot right now.
Sydney have the pressure of 20+ weeks as clear front runner, MV have nothing to lose.

1 Like

Nobody can still think that a team in a title decider has “nothing to lose” can they? Those statements are pretty incorrect in my opinion. There is nothing to lose except a TITLE. I understand the sentiment and get it a little bit, but “nothing to lose” nup, not buying it.

Yes the pressure is on sydney as is a ridiculous amount of expectation but I reckon if Victory lose they will be pretty disappointed. If that is true then to me Victory have plenty to lose. I think it is a phrase trotted out by people putting on a pre-emptive brave face. I think it is more correct to say the other team, in this case sydney have so much expectation and are a better chance of winning it.

I personally don’t care who wins, but I would feel bad if I was cheering on sydney to win but Victory are practically dead to me and I would only prefer them to win because I have a few mates that are up there for the game and it would be pretty good for them to be there and enjoy it.

Oh and another reason I didn’t fit in with Victory was that I liked Ernie and Big Danny from the start so that put me at odds with every other victory supporter I knew. That and of course their colours. FARK carlton!

It’s not necessarily about cold objective facts as about what you can make your players believe.

in context, Sydney losing this will be a huge upset.

Sydney winning narrowly will barely cause a ripple.

Once a front runner concedes front spot you can see them really capitulate. Especially if they’ve not been challenged all year. The verbal would be unbearable at 0-1 down.

Extra time. Don’t think i can cope

Andy Harper is the ■■■■■■■ worst.

1 Like

Troisi off the post!!! FARK!!!

1 Like

Shoot out

I can’t take this ■■■■.

1 Like

Valeri ■■■■■■■ idiot

The best thing that has happened today

Not sure if serious - I’m not a fan of victory but fmd sydney fc supporters are the biggest bandwagoners.

1 Like