Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Great header Matty

3 Likes

What a pass, that deserved a goal

Very good header, timed his jump perfectly

Can we please ban all ‘trumpets’ from all sports? FFS.

1 Like

Mooy and Leckie have shown some good foot skills in the ■■■■■■ conditions. Irvine and Luongo solid in the guts as well. The backs have been exposed a few times and we were lucky that they didn’t snag one of those crosses early on. Who knows where it will bounce if you put it long on this pitch.

That corner cross to Leckie for the header was spot on. That through ball to Kruse from Jedinak (?) where he couldn’t get hold of it was a beauty given the conditions.

Let’s hope we can put some more pressure on them early in the 2nd half for another goal and watch them run out of puff.

I was near going to make a thread, couldn’t see this one at all.

Thought some blokes here would have to be watching, and I wanted to comment on how much it looks like a Local Game from the 1970’s, … ground is in horrid nick.

Just horrid at the back for that goal

Iran were always going to dish this pitch up, they aren’t going to give up one of their better grounds for two neutral sides unfortunately

Well their fitness certainly isn’t dropping.

Also, the cameras are all set differently, every time they change it’s too dark, just right, too bright, dark, … almost cant see it dark, … ligt etc…

Must have just had an Adele concert on it eh?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Rolling in the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Ball bobbling up on feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

This ground & therefore quality of game is a total fknig joke, … it IS a WORLD CUP Qualifier isn’t it??

I’m gobsmacked they’d let these be played on such a surface.

And that’s that.

I think we just have to face up to the fact that this current side isn’t much chop. Need to win our home games now

1 Like

I’ve always loved the Socceroos and hardly missed a game in the last 35 years, but they do ■■■■ me sometimes.

Having said that, the pitch looked worse than my backyard after a wet week. (Still no excuse.)

Regardless of what the pitch was like we have to do better than that if we want to qualify for world cups. Saudi Arabia won again last night and have a much better goal difference. unless we pull our finger out we’re going to struggle to get in.

Well that was disappointing… Although not unexpected given how easily they got behind the defensive players and kept on putting dangerous crosses into the box. Probably lucky we didn’t end up going down by a couple.

no one watching tonight?

Looked a touch scratchy so far, … may have had another couple already.

I’m watching, not happy with what’s being dished up