Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Yep, we’ve been balls. Lucky to be up. Still can’t score from open play after the goal from a set piece

Whole thing has looked a little bit fkn amateur hourish, that’s for sure.

Thought it may have just been me because of watching a lot more EPL this year.

Have too many players playing in ■■■■ leagues like China and middle east, chasing the money.

Where is mooy? Injured?

■■■■ ing spot on.

I’d be picking AL players over CSL and oil leagues.

Oh Troisi!!

FARRKKK!

Japan away is the big. We should be beating uae, Saudi and Thailand at home. Even a point in Japan should scrape us in one of the auto spots.

Goalski.

Set piece again.

Thank fk for that. Nice one Leck.

30 odd fouls, no yellows for 75 minutes, … then fkn 5 in as many minutes??? Lol.

1 Like

Suspended.

Pathetic Sydney crowd, terrible pitch and poor performance but got the result we needed. I’ve come to the realisation this squad ain’t much chop and will be cannon fodder in Russia

Why are people surprised - Australia has been crap in the under 20’s and under 17’s for the last 5 to 10 years - The only thing that’s saved Australia is a number of players make a quantum leap from juniors to make Australia competitive - It’s not like the 1990’s when Australia was at the pointy end in the juniors.

Currently there are about two hundred Australian born players in various overseas leagues, with more than half in Divison 1 or 2 in these places.

Assuming the standard is higher than A-league at least in the high divisions would anyone offer a comment on if this is good for development of soccer here. Or perhaps if we had a National competition with two divisions with 16 teams in each, and somehow it had a billion dollar TV deal like AFL, would we have a better National Team?

no one watching the Elim?

Come on Wanderers.

:frowning: Fekk

Lol City, just saw the score.
Given a massive leg up by the FFA and despite all the money in the world they are unable to win jack ■■■■.
Well done Perth, the real clubs salute you

1 Like

Into the final, got something to watch now next Sunday.

Can’t see us beating them though, too compact and good finishing at the other end

Away GF

FAP FAP FAP

It would be glorious to defeat Sydney in the big dance again.