Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Can you imagine how easy it is to defend against Aus?

How can you play guys who are barely getting minutes at club level in a high pressure important game

Embarrassing, and it starts at the top.
It’s about time Ang copped some heat

We were deadset shithouse. Australington.

3 Likes

I don’t often watch soccer. Japan were good and we were terrible, that’s all I took out of it. We played boring. That’s what I saw anyway

Where do you start?

I’ve not watched much of the Socceroos since the Asian cup but going by that performance with the lack of talent the squad has, they’d be better off playing 80’s style kick and rush having some big one trick pony targetman with sharp elbows, playing in an obscure league, nodding the ball down. It’s so archaic and unfashionable but it’d still be more effective even in this day and age, than the sluggishness of movement, sloppiness and lack of invention at times in the humidity.

As I say, hardly watched this qualifying campaign but it looked to me as if Ang was trying to get an inferior squad too slow to counter attack, to play a passing game against a pretty organised defence, a team with a much higher work rate and more pace.

Fkn idiots with their fkn ■■■■ passes and turnovers.

Outplayed by a much classier team.

Followed by another home and away playoff against a CONCACAF (North and central American) team… if we get that far.

Perhaps we’d be better with Sam Kerr up front.

I don’t even think Brad Smith knows why Ange keeps picking Brad Smith. Absolutely abysmal.

Cracking soccer by Japan. They definitely deserved to win by at least 2 (maybe more).

Kruse is so ■■■■. He’s ■■■■. He always has this perpetual “oh geez that didn’t miss by much” look on his face after a failed attack that didn’t see the ball get within 25 metres of goal in any direction including vertically.

Wenger out.

Remember when we were worried that Smith would choose England over the Servo Socceroos? Fk me.

Posted previously but our youth teams have been crap for the last 10 years. It was the youth teams of the 90’s that propelled the golden generation of the 00’s. Australia will struggle until the 2026 world cup and thats only if we get our house in order with youth development.

Off to AAMI for the game tonight. We need all out attack. Anything under 4-0 probably won’t be good enough

■■■■ of a day here too. It’s going to be ■■■■■■■ freezing tonight

Thai team can’t be used to cold like the Melbourne weather tonight. They’ll all be wishing they were back at the hotel watching on GO rather than playing

They’ll park the bus and we’ll probably scrounge a lucky draw.

1 Like

Whens kick off?

8pm, coverage starts 7.30 on GO

1 Like

This!!

That result should get us through, i cant see japan rolling over easily

Need to score early to settle the nerves. I would start cahill, and go 2 up front

YEAH THE MOOOYYY