Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

SFC getting dicked in the ACL :smiley:

We 1-1 against Kawasaki early 2nd half

Ffs 2-1

1 Like

LOL,that will never happen

93rd min pen. Would legit boof Leroy George

All but confirmed Arnie taking over from bert after the WC

It says in the news the club was sold to a European consortium. Geography not your favourite subject? :wink:

I’d been hearing for weeks that the Consortium was based in Hong Kong and had shares in 4 Asian soccer sides. Perhaps my mail was wrong

It does say that they are mainly Dutch, and they own other clubs in Holland, France and China. So there’s that.

Apparently the Dutch bloke at the head of the consortium has offices in Hong Kong and does indeed own and have shares in Chinese clubs so my mail was partly correct :rofl:

1 Like

Just a different slant on things.

1 Like

Arnold had his chance, and failed.

We won’t make the World Cup in 2022.

Just enjoy the Matilda’s winning the World Cup next year, it’s the only joy we are going to get.

2 Likes

This.
The bloke is a fraud

3 Likes

Would have preferred Tony Popovic, but it is what it is.

1 Like

This ■■■■ is going to see us into another dark age

He look over immediately after Guus didn’t he? Yeah can’t say his appointment fills me with any enthusiasm whatsoever, very much smells like a “job for the boys” thing. I couldn’t care less if our coach was Aussie or not, just get the best person out there. Would Van Marwijk have taken the job on a full-time basis? Must be a $ issue…

#Wengerin

1 Like

Na, he very much wanted a short term job.

Wenger would be a good national team coach, or at the very least the director of football setting up junior talent programs.

2 Likes

wenger trades all the australians for french players.

1 Like