Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Sent a message to a mate with basically the same thoughts as above and he mentioned the Sunday night factor, which is a fair point (thinking out loud, why schedule it there in the first place, presumably to avoid the Hawks Norf game? Still doesn’t make sense for mine).

He also reckons they’re charging $75 a pop for all those empty seats on level 2… Age old question but having taken little notice since I moved over here, what is going through the heads of the people running this game?

They’d rather see 1000 seats at 75 than 5000 at 25. Reckon if footy and Soccer were cheaper on level 2 it’d get backed asap.

David Gallop. Nuff said

2 Likes

Obviously, money makes these blokes and organisations go around. I’m naive enough to think they’d consider forfeiting some dollars on the bottom line to improve the product and pack the grounds and build from there. Sports admin might not be for me after all.

1 Like

they’re so dumb though honestly. if they sold seats @ less, would generate so much more in terms of food/drink/etc

Will never understand how there can be a group of people working 5-6 days a week with the task of running this sport to the best of their ability, and who are presumably very well paid to do so, yet they can do such an insipid job of it.

im pretty sure they base things on the best case scenario. like an anzac day/ dreamtime/big vic final sorta thing.

and just assume games like saints/gws are write offs and will be covered by the next one, north/hawks.

Oh bersat berisha

2 Likes

Take back everything I said. A-League alive and well. Ripping finish.

1 Like

kevin ‘■■■■ OFF’ muscat

Oh Bes <3

Unfortunately today saw a contest between two very average sides just making up the numbers. United were beyond pathetic so the rest of the comp is well and truly stuffed if they couldn’t get in ahead of us

Why it’s the truth. We are downright horrible and most of our supporters were absolutely stunned to be playing finals. The top teams are miles ahead of anything that played this weekend and barring an absolute miracle I’d be very surprised if either of the Melbourne sides went any further

1 Like

I reckon we are a sneaky chance to beat Newcastle. But nobody is getting past Sydney. They are just too good.

People at the C-level of sporting organisations genuinely have no idea about how the majority of their fanbase live. The top management levels of FFA would straight up have not considered at any point their ticket prices being an issue for fans, and why that might be the case. It just doesn’t occur to them.

A Melbourne derby Grand Final could be just what this competition needs to fire up again

2 Likes

now THAT would be awesome!

If Victory won?

1 Like

No that would definitely not be awesome. If City won it would be awesome. Just having a grand final derby would be great though

1 Like

Riley McGree just scored the greatest goal ive ever seen

1 Like