Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Was going to take a miracle to win and the miracle happened. Hopefully that’s the end of the line now though

1 Like

The first 5 minutes were warranted and then there was another stoppage of about 3 minutes during the 5 minutes.

Muscat absolutely paid out on Sydney in the post match presser. Called some of their players arrogant, brought up the fact they’ve never beaten us in 120 minutes in finals.

3 Likes

Just off the plane back in melb. That was ■■■■■■■ amazing. They went into that game thinking they’d won. Cant believe im goung to a 6th Grand Final next Saturday night.

Absolutely ■■■■ off Sydney. Watching those ■■■■■ stream out of that stadium at a complete loss and getting into every single one of those ■■■■■ faces and letting them know about it!

5 Likes

Fantastic effort Scotty. And seriously, how ■■■■ was the crowd? Bunch of theatre-goers

Nearly flipped the table when we conceded to make it 2-2.

Bye bye Arnold you arrogant ■■■■, cant believe this turd is now coaching our national team.

1 Like

I know its been said earlier but this must be what the other side of 99 felt like. Will need to watch a replay but wow it felt like we dominated ET. Assistant coach running on and slapping Carney tops it off. Some fat ■■■■ want words and told me to “■■■■ off home” said “gladly but ill be next week for a grand final” he walked off after that

Tickets sorted, flying to sydney on friday afternoon, train to newy and staying with a mate up there. Lets do this

2 Likes

Some of the most amazing ■■■■ I’ve ever seen. Absolute emotional rollercoaster.

Just been watching Twitter all morning, cant believe it. I felt we had no chance whatsoever

1 Like

Fkn incredible game.

How often does a team kick all 5 goals and end up winning by one??

This has made my weekend. Haha.

Lol im going to a 6th victory grans final during the time essendon havent won a final

3 Likes

One team has heart, the other not so much.

Back on topic though what an emotional and amazing win that was! I nearly jumped through the roof when Antonis sunk those ■■■■■ in extra time.

Bring on next Saturday night!!

TBF it’s far easier in a 10 team comp where 2 finals win are the maximum you need to make a GF. Throw in no equalisation measures such as the draft and it’s easy to see how a few clubs will always have the monotony on the A-League finals. Every now and then a small team will win it but the majority of times it will be a Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane winner which makes Newcastle’s achievement so massive

Still can’t stop laughing.

Hahaha.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/zullo-sydney-fc-dont-know-the-l-word-489757?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=insidesport_autopost

LOL

3 Likes

They set themselves up for it. The talk during the week was guaranteed to backfire

1 Like

I’m no muscat fan, can’t stand him (or acrhie thompson) but surprisngly I think he handles himself well in the press before big games. I still remember the pre game ■■■■ before the 15 GF, and muscat was like ‘Ill leave it to the players’ etc. Then Arnold came out saying stuff like ‘They’re playing in a grand final at their rivals home ground’ despite the obvious fact that aami was around before heart/city had even been thought of.

I totally agree. I could not believe some of the stuff that I was hearing in the press. I just knew that the Victory were going to be a chance last night.

Having said all of that…GO JETS!

5k away tickets sold in the member presale