Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Hopefully that is the end of VAR in the a league. Just been awful all season. Only fitting that it screwed up the GF.

Apparently Robbie Slater suggested to use the Fox commentators to decide goals and wants a replay. LOL What a ■■■■■■■ idiot.

1 Like

Deal with it

2 Likes

If we all had a week together to brainstorm “the most A-League thing ever”, there’s no way we could have come up VAR malfunctioning on the deciding goal in the grand final played between two teams that finished three light years behind the premiers

6 Likes

Jump on insta and check out Leroy’s video. Next level brilliant

Tony Popovic to coach Perth. Great get for the Glory.

Very very good get. Could completely re build the club

Strong rumours from a normally pretty reliable source that WSW have offered Leroy a huge marquee contract

15 bids lodged for the 2 expansion spots. So really big hitters like South Melbourne in there and a few late surprises such as west adelaide.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/the-15-a-league-expansion-bids-on-deadline-day

Would love to see:
Wollongong Wolves (old NSL club, reall old soccer links there and a huge area to draw fans from)

Dandenong (Offering to build a 15k seat stadium in dandenong and a huge catchment area that shouldn’t hurt MV or MC to much)

Annoucment made in October

@Aceman Thoughts on West Adelaide bid. Could 2 sides work in Adelaide?

Any update on this?

Seemed to have gone quiet. Latest is Bes is going to take a pay cut and go under the cap or even retire and Leroy gets marquee

1 Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/team-11-aleague-expansion-bid-reveals-plans-for-15000seat-stadium-in-dandenong/news-story/16aa14e9df4eba28a68d3e954ad2d20a

Away days in Dandenong will be like venturing into ISIS Controlled Syria.

1 Like

15k Seat joint looks ok. I’d go there for sure.

Away games vs SM at lakeside would be epic

2 sides could work but hopefully not West Adelaide. They are a predominantly Greek heritage club so you either love them or hate them and I can’t see them getting enough support.

Same debate we have with SM. The big question is always can they get fans away from the greek community

As far as soccer supporters go the majority in Adelaide are of Italian decent and would never go for them. As a long time Adelaide City member I’d love us to throw our hat into the ring would be fantastic to see the famous zebra stripes back on the big stage again

If any bid was to come from adelaide i would have thought City. West Adelaide is a very surpising bid.

Fark I hope Bes doesn’t retire, he’s easily got another year left.