Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Any good work done by BvM is instantly under when the fraud comes in_emphasized text_

1 Like

Final warm up vs Hungary in Budapest on June 10

Sad, but true.

Final squad for the World Cup named…

Socceroos Russia 2018 squad
Goalkeepers: Brad Jones, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic

Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Matt Jurman, Mark Milligan, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury

Midfielders: Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Massimo Luongo, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic

Forwards: Daniel Arzani, Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Robbie Kruse, Mat Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos

Axed: Josh Brillante, Fran Karacic, James Troisi, Nikita Rukavytsya

Troisi very very stiff

Our first 20 minutes were trash, and if we do that against France we’ll be 2-0 or 3-0 down inside 20. Infact thinking back, basically every world cup game since 2006 we’ve started poorly, we just ca’t afford to do that. Good signs afterwards tho, I’m liking the risky selection so far.

Look a bit thin with mids and too many forwards to me.

1 Like

Really?
I just don’t see anything in this bloke. He is bang on average

2 Likes

Robbie Kruse must have pictures. No idea how he made it.

Troisi is overrated

Not a bad squad, think we are a chance to get out of the group just have to make sure you we don’t get smashed by Francd

2 Likes

Won’t make it out of the group, will get smashed by France.
However the one thing the Aussie team doesn’t lack is effort!
I hope we can get an upset win and advance, just don’t see it.

Denmark will be the game to pinch. 4 points might be enough for 2nd in our group. Its about which side can limit the damage against France

3 Likes

Watch France put 4 past us in the first half hour.

Agree with both Scotty and Crazy. France look scary good. Watched Croatia V Brasil last night as well. Just a level above.

1 Like

Will we start Jedinak?

God I hope not - guy is cooked.

Reckon I’d rathered have played France last in the group, not first. First they’ll come out fresh and keen as fck.

Still, I’m excited for this World Cup. Bring it on!

4 Likes

I’m hoping France are slow starters and we go all Ivory Coast on them.

It depends on the opponent. He was quality for Aston Villa at times this year and delivered on the big stage multiple times. He may not be the 45 game a season workhorse he was, but he is still quality and depending on the opposition setup, could play a big role.

1 Like

They normally are from memory. I do recall them losing a few early ones

We just need to sit back and hit them on the counter with pace, and hope like hell they don’t score one early. If we try and go toe to toe they will destroy us.

Need to pack the midfield, their midfield is legit scary. Hopefully Denmark and Peru draw in the other game.

Just found out the cinema close to me is showing the game on the big screen. Should be a fun atmosphere