Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Agreed. It would be worth considering opening up extra International player spots just to make up the numbers!

You don’t think being a summer sport instead of a winter would be different?

Yep, I knew that, but the point I was making is that FFA have “the next Victory/WSW” in their minds when looking at new bids. They need to lower their eyes and look at more than projected population growth.

1 Like

How do you do that though?

melb viccy must be worried. those huge 15k home averages can’t go any lower or they’ll lose their biggest club in the world mantra.

1 Like

Please.

Melbourne Victory home attendance average:

2017-2018: 17,631
2016-2017: 22,008
2015-2016: 23,112
2014-2015: 25,388
2013-2014: 21,808
2012-2013: 21,885

Cant wait for the Western Melbourne V Melbourne City derby, they can play for the irrelevant cup

1 Like

I have a number of Friends who are City supporters. They have straight up said, that they will support this Western Melbourne team.

IMO This will destroy City, and not even impact Victory at all.

1 Like

Again, we could murder this mob after HT. Have totally dominated so far, up 4-2 and up a man as well.

6 in a row to Victory, we’re in some brilliant form

Part of the problem this mob will face and City have faced is MV did such a ■■■■■■ good job when they started up. almost anyone who was ever going to start going regularly signed up on the back of the Thompson/Muscat/Allsopp sides being so good from the outset, solid branding and a reasonable home ground.
Whereas Sydney being so up and down plus the logistics of Sydney v suburban Western sydney really left the door open for WSW to come in and have a big impact.

I really don’t think there’s room for 3, in Melbourne.

1 Like

They should have started with minimum 2 teams in Melbourne from the outset. Boggles the mind that they didn’t as Melbourne defo have the population.

1 Like

What happened to western Sydney? Didn’t those guys used to get big crowds?

massive storm al afternoon day and its out at homebush its the worst place to go . veer been to spotless to watch the bombers and youll know its the ■■■■ end of the world.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/western-sydney-stadium-update-august-2018

new stadium that will be ready for the NRl this year plus the wanderers next year at parramatta they will pack it out as they used to!

1 Like

Only if they are winning. Massive front runners

3 Likes

apparently the final selection of the new teams has been shady as all hell. i heard that the report presented to the board had selected two different teams to the ones actually selected. talk of money changing hands, calls being made during the board meeting asking teams to up their bids.

The RBB disbanded after the cops got heavy handed and the FFA sided with them. Last year when they were here they had nearly 6k travelling fans. 2 weeks ago, barely 500 came down

I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise

2 Likes

Stadium also doesn’t help. You jam 18k into old parra or even spotless and the place is nearly full.

ANZ is a graveyard.

Yep it is. Hopefully the new stadium they build is more friendly.

I say the same about Etihad, it’s ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ to watch soccer. Need to leave there and just play at AAMI park