Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

I just don’t think people from Sydney leave their house for sporting events.

It’s not just A-league. It’s every sport. I think it was Arsenal or Liverpool that were scheduled to play in Sydney… their Facebook page said that they’ll be playing at the “sports capital of Australia.” Ie. Sydney.

My response was “more like the capital of empty grandstands”.

Sydney are honestly a disgrace with getting people to any type of events. Whether that’s sport or Live music, or anything else. People just do not show up. But they act as if it’s the ‘premier event’, when it’s in Sydney.

3 Likes

They are nothing more than theatre goers. Can’t get a crowd at any sport

2 Likes

It’s because trying to get anywhere that isn’t within 5km of your house in Sydney is an absolute clusterfk

Melbourne is insanely well set up for major events. All freeways and train lines run pretty much directly to the major sport/theatre/entertainment precincts.

2 Likes

New Parra (bankwest stadium) is going to he amazing. I’ll be going to the first Vuck game their

FFA have announced the squad for the Asian Cup

How the hell does Kruse keep on getting selected?

If Mooy doesn’t play, we are screwed. Arzani out through injury is a massive blow as well

Socceroos Asian Cup squad: Mustafa AMINI, Aziz BEHICH, Martin BOYLE , Milos DEGENEK, Alex GERSBACH, Rhyan GRANT, Chris IKONOMIDIS, Jackson IRVINE, Matthew JURMAN, Robbie KRUSE, Mitchell LANGERAK, Mathew LECKIE, Massimo LUONGO, Awer MABIL, Jamie MACLAREN, Mark MILLIGAN, Aaron MOOY, Andrew NABBOUT, Josh RISDON, Tom ROGIC, Mathew RYAN, Trent SAINSBURY, Daniel VUKOVIC

Like Tarneit, you mean?

Yep. Sydney NRL crowds are all around 12-18k. Abysmal.

Geez that squad is thin

Kruse before Triosi, ■■■■ off

2 Likes

Kruse with better job security than the Queen of England

1 Like

And why pick Mooy?

Haha. Excellent post tbh.

Friendly against Oman might be interesting tonight with the Asia Cup defence just a week away.

Hope we play some decent stuff and don’t cop any injuries. Squad is pretty thin with talent so can’t afford anyone getting hurt

1 Like

Geez, get up to make a cuppa tea come back and they’ve scored twice.

1 Like

Quick off the mark weren’t they?

2 in the 1st 10 minutes. Good signs.

And just a lazy 3rd, 22 minutes in.

Was this expected to be this easy?

Doubt it. Comms were just saying we’ve only beaten them once away before, soooo, Arnold, … ummm, … working?? :thinking:

Well we beat them 4-0 at the last asian cup, but they have improved a bit since then and yeah it is away.

Just a tune up for the main event, but you’d expect a better hit out than this.