Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Utd all over Melb at the moment. Some hilarious errors costing us. Will probably fall asleep at half time.

For a player yeah sure play for one of Celtic or Sevco and get money. If you play with celtic you may even play in europe and get smashed.

From the point of a spectator, it’s the worst league in Europe.

Palestine got this

Yeah ??

Need one more not only for goal difference but to also completely kill of the contest

Currently 2-0 our way. 74 mins gone.

That should do it.

There it is baby!!! Get in!!

3rd goal, 3 points as well

1 Like

Been way better in attack tonight, created, and didn’t hesitate when it was on.

Telling that Kruse was off until just a minute ago?? :thinking:

Only bummer is Sainsbury’s yellow and suspension.

1 Like

GD doesn’t matter. It goes by head-head first and Jordan have beaten us. We should finish second and play Uzbekistan.

1 Like

Beat and draw with Syria and we’re through to the next round, lose and we’re out.

If we can pull this off, I think you guys should be giving Arnold a lot more praise than you do.

1 Like

Not necessarily true, as four of the third placed teams will also go through. Used to be like that in the World Cup when they had 24 teams. Depends what happens in the other groups.

Really? They said on the coverage that the 3rd place teams that go through are based on their records against teams that finish 1st and 2nd in their groups. And seeming as we’ve lost to Jordan and in this scenario to finish 3rd would also lose to Syria, we’d be done as we’d have two loses from the teams that finished 1st and 2nd.

If we only draw with Syria then we should be allowed to beat them. I’d start with Arnold first

1 Like

Seem unnecessarily complicated, but OK.

WSW blow a 3-1 lead with 11 minutes to go and lose 4-3

Couldn’t believe what I was watching. Switched on when it was 2-1 and naturally thought WSW had it in the bag at 3-1.

What a ridiculous penalty decision.

The officiating in the A-league is much much worse than the AFL. It’s a disgrace

2 Likes