Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

That’s fine if we want to be good in our region but Asia is very weak and I’d love to be able to compete against the good European and South American sides more frequently.
I once had hoped this may eventuate but we have gone backwards in recent years and our cupboard looks bear in the youth department

Didn’t see how we performed but Mabil and Rogic’s strikes were class, especially Mabil’s. What do people think of him?

1 Like

Lol city

1 Like

I liked what I saw of him a few years back havent watched much A-League for a year or two so no idea how he is going now.

There is a guy that is doing ok in Perth, had a pretty good record for most of his time at WSW too won some trophies. I would prefer him of Muscat.

He is a little soft but has some good wheels and skills.

1 Like

Talk about dumb luck.
We play Uzbekistan in the round of 16 with the chance to play either UAE or Krygyzstan to go to the semis. Jordan play Vietnam then will face either Japan or the Saudis in the quarters.

I would hate to have defend against a squad containing Mabil, Kamau and Arzani when one of them is likely to replace one of the other two.

Anyone else watching this?

This ref is already ticking me off. No way in the world was that a yellow to behich

Dominating possession but can’t get the goal

Can’t let this go to penalties

Kruse has done the biggest load of nothing since coming on, should have fresh legs but barely been sighted

Come on Australia I want to go to bed!

Penalties it is, just torture watching these

From what I saw we didn’t look like scoring. Very ordinary performance going forward. Looked toothless. All down to the penalty shootout now.

2 Likes

For about 25min in the 2nd half we looked pretty dangerous, since then it’s been a lot of possession for not much at all. We really lack that moment of quality

Sigh behich

NICE RYAN!

NICE AGAIN RYAN!!!

Leckie finishes it!! We go through to the next round!!!

3 Likes

Super job by Matt Ryan! Two big saves from 4 pens.

So uncreative going forward for large portions, no dare. Well done Ryan on getting us through.

1 Like

wtf happened to the matildas coach?

david gallop is truely the master of incompetence, no idea how he got the job at the FFA.

5 Likes

I suspect there were a couple of unhappy players which happens in every sporting team in the world. It seems like the coach is a tough task master which again is common in the sporting world. I am unsure that using an outside consultancy as part of the decision making process is the way to go. It’s a pity as the current team should have made the semi finals on current form.

1 Like

Absolute gun.

There’s a level of intrigue about his dismissal it seems.

Somethings not being said.