Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Smoke my pole Sydney!

1 Like

Australia will continue to stagnate until the Under-Age programs produce better players - We’ve been poor at this level for nearly ten years.

1 Like

Take it Graham

1 Like

Actually this is a good career move for Arnold - We need more Aussie coaches aspiring to work in the European Leagues as ultimately it will help with the overall development of the game.

Lol.

Typical Aussie mentality.

Take a job for money and then depart for another for money.

Going gets tough and he’s out of there😂

For all the slagging off at the coach, who may or may not be very ordinary, you put Rogic, Boyle, Mooy and Arzani in that team and you would expect them to have gone close to winning Asia again.
We haven’t the depth to cover when our better players are missing, but that doesn’t tell us where the weak link is.

2 Likes

He’s been there 6 months so he needs to stay and see through what he started.

Get Alen Stajcic to coach the Socceroos…wocka wocka!

1 Like

I disagree. Let him go to Hibs and appoint a more progressive manager. It doesn’t have to be a Domestic coach, but they at least have to get us playing positively again. There is an underwhelming, stark contrast in our playing mentality at the World Cup, where we held our own, to the Asia cup where we never in danger of completing a pass.

Take it Arnold! Then get muscat to take over the national job if you insist on going with a home grown coach

“I’m not making excuses…” Then makes excuses.

Arzani and Boyle have never played in the same team together.

Just take the Hibs job and be gone.

Wouldn’t get Muscat. Will get worked over easily at international level.

The one thing he can do well is control the egos, but most European coaches should be able to do that as well.

NO!! us Victory supporters would rather that doesn’t happen

Link?

No to Muscat. He has one of the easiest jobs in football coaching the Victory, would be found out at International level. Stump up the coin and get a proven International coach

Popovic?

1 Like

No more Australian coaches please

Before they hired that spud Arnold, Klinnsmans name was thrown about
I thought at the time we could’ve done worse

Really? He has one of the hardest imo.ultra Demanding supporter base, biggest club in the lge. Plays an attacking style, seems to be able to bring players with big egos together to play as a unit. Seems to have very good man management skills. The amount of quality players he has lost of the last few seasons yet his team never seem to miss a beat with the guys he brings in

Popovic would be the only other option.

2 Likes