Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Well in San Francisco they say they will be Western United with green and black strip.

Western United in fine. It could have been alot worse…alot worse.

I dont mind the old United, Athletic, City ect. I hope the new South West Sydney team jump on Athletic.

South West Sydney Uleh’s

3 Likes

Apart from the extremely bland name, Western United have chosen to use the same colour combo as the new NBL team, South East Melbourne Phoenix (who in turn have chosen to use the same nickname as Wellington Phoenix and the previous netball team Melbourne Phoenix).

Boring, boring, boring. No spark of originality.

2 Likes

Personally I’d have preferred them roll out the olde 19th century West Melbourne ‘Casuals’ nickname just to be up front about being amateur.

Athletic might have actually been forward thinking and appropriate if at some stage they’d expanded into the NBL (or other sporting venture), just as a lot of Baltic clubs did. I’m pretty sure it referred to clubs who had multiple pursuits. ‘United’ was the perfect fit for two Adelaide clubs. I’ve often thought that ‘FC’ as a suffix for a modern franchise clubs to be the worst - no ■■■■ they’re a football club.

2 Likes

I saw none of the game and I rarely call for the head of the coach of any of my sides but Warren Joyce is an absolute farking pelican and has to go!

He may have done good things/had a good rep at Manchester United but his take no ■■■■/my way of the highway approach has seen him finish of the tenures of Tim Cahill and Bruno Fornaroli and so far what can we say was the result of that? Sweet FA. I cannot help but think City would be so much better off with Bruno in the side and possibly even Timmy.

We still have the spineless performances that he was supposed to rectify and were usually blamed on JVS.

The guy is a joke plain and simple. When he goes I hope all those above him go too

Never seen a senior coach fall out with so many senior players, Bruno,Cahill,Brandon,Kilkenny,o halloran. The guy is a joke plain and simple

1 Like

So, you’re telling me the guy is a joke plain and simple?

1 Like

Come over and support Victory, heart or city or whatever you’re called are a joke and will always be second fiddle to the Victory

Ain’t gonna happen. If heart/city were to fold that would be it for me with the a league

He can’t be that bad, you guys were on a pretty good streak this season and still in top 6

Lol city, Victory down to 10 men and 1 nil down after 15 mins and city still can’t get the full 3 points.

It is a bit hard when your coach is a FARKING PELICAN!

1 Like

Lol we were playing against 10 men for 70+ minutes and still didn’t look threatening in attack or look like overrunning them

Hopefully the head honchos at the club drop the axe now, if they don’t they can stick their club up their backside becuase I’m just about done

1 Like

He is ■■■■■■■ terrible. I know City hit the woodwork twice but any decent team would have beaten us 4-0 last night.

1 Like

City are a complete joke, all you city supporters need to jump ship and support the victory.

Fixed

Bruno Fornaroli and City have parted ways. Why not do it in the January window?

Warren Joyce is the Luke Beveridge of A-League football when it comes to falling out with players.
Only without… you know… success

City seem to be the St Kilda of the A-League really, don’t they? A complete and utter irrelevance…

1 Like

I want to know what happened, the whole fitness thing was the biggest load of garbage I have ever heard.

As you said, why not do it in the January window. He was my all time favourite player for heart/city. Gave everything every time he went on the field. Pathetic the way he has been treated.

I’m actually staggered that Joyce is still there.

1 Like