Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

I had heard from a lady I was working with on Monday that Fornaroli was already gone, was getting paid 25k pw by City not to play and was essentially a Perth player but was not allowed to play for them this season. Also that there was some sort of incident or thing about him and Honda just before the season started (specific details were not very detailed).

Also said there was something in the fitness issues, and that maybe it was not 100% the fault of the Pelican, I almost believed that, but said the bs with him and TImmy, him and Bruno, Him and Kilkenny him and a few others is a joke and he pretty much removed them and we have achieved Sweet FA, infact the only silverware we have as a club is courtesy of Timmy’s head, the FFA Cup from a few seasons ago.

1 Like

Wasn’t Warren Joyce an assistant at Manchester United?

Maybe the pelican is doing a Mick Malthouse to the blose inside sabotage job.

He was reserves coach for the best part of 8 seasons at United

Western United’s logo revealed

Meh. Looks more like WV than WU.

Looks like a northern european style crest, late 70’s, early 80’s. Flat design, no frills oh and not one of those godawful lopsided crests doing the rounds about 10-15 in soccer, Cricket Australia. I don’t mind it and the club colours too.

1 Like

Victory embarrassed yet again in the ACL

Looks like the Warner brothers logo

1 Like

Oh yeah, haha. Well spotted Rosso.
At least the letter B actually has a sharp corner at the bottom though (unlike a U). Maybe it’s a Roman U, where it looks like a V when they chisel it into the marble…

Good enough, but not great. As per the Western United name itself, it could be for a credit union.

It’s a rubbish name that doesn’t really refer to anywhere specific especially to an outsider - Western bumfaarck Leakes Road. Black and green stripes, gotta admit, that’s tuff though and a good selection.

That’s a V, not a U.

can’t even spell an acronym right.

U wasn’t in the original Roman alphabet.
Came about in the middle ages.

(Actually is that_the_joke.jpg ?)

Jeez I would like to get behind this new team, but the blandest possible name and logo make it hard to generate anything other than complete apathy? I feel like I’m in a focus group.

2 Likes

Do you support either of the current teams in the A league?

Ha.

I started supporting Victory in the 2006/07 season in their run to the title. Went to the GF vs Adelaide and it was one of the best sporting events I’ve ever been to. In that off-season, I started mixing with supporters and was constantly getting ribbed for being a glory hunter. Which was stupid for club that was 3-4 years old at the time. My interest waned after that.

Decided to get in on the ground floor for Melbourne Heart. Went to games pretty regularly from '10 up until they became City. I kept going to games but less often. I’ve dropped right off in the last two seasons when their style became incredibly bland and it was pretty evident they exist pretty much purely as a farm team now.

6 Likes

You dirty little ■■■■, simmo

I just want a team that will love me back

1 Like

HONDA

2 Likes

Victory yet to claim a point and sit bottom of their group. I wish they would take this comp seriously

I think they are.

Surely not. They are better than they shown