Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Socceroos dloing well in the first 15 minutes. Look more desperate for the ball
at this stage. Duke and Mabil both had chances to score.

Duke header hits the post after a well-directed corner kick from Brandon O’Neill.

Not sure what it is but I’m liking the look of this incarnation of the socceroos.

1 Like

Matilda’s take on Italy tonight at 9pm.

I truely believe they have a shot at winning the World Cup. It all depends on how the defence holds up. It’s been an ongoing issue for the Matilda’s for a good 10+ years.

Offensively Australia is the best in the world. World class finishing, world class speed in the final third, and just a nightmare for opposition.

But defensively, that will dictate how far the Matilda’s go in this tournament.

They have every chance to take home the World Cup if they get it right.

5 Likes

Nice one. I wondered which thread would talk Women’s WC. Good to have a decent time slot to watch this game also.

3 Likes

I really enjoy watching women’s international matches… usually it’s all out attack for both sides. High scoring. Fast ball movement. One end to the other.

It’s drives me bonkers as a defender though. The women lose their formation structure very easily, because all the players are attacking focussed.

Twelve months ago you’d back the team to finish top 4 in the World Cup - Lot’s of water have gone under the bridge, so my confidence is eroded - Hoping they surprise !

They’re ranked 4th in the World.

Lisa Devanna isn’t starting.

Big call.

Italy goal called offside after long VAR examination.

defense opened up there
no midfield presence at all yet. flood all back then noone to kick to . sounds familiar.

Very very tight call on that offside

Wow Carpenter is having an ordinary match

Edit. Shes turned it around :smiley:

Penalty!

Kerr opens up the account

tribute to cahill with the corner flag spar celebration

1 Like

looking great on the break

Australia is causing Italy all sorts of trouble

It took them twenty mins to warm up.

getting plenty of numbers forward