Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

Nice, hanging for the season to start

Besart Berisha to Western United

Don’t mind that. They need to build a good team

Good signing yes but it doesn’t fix that gaping hole they have in defensive midfield and at the back. They’ll score plenty with scotty mac and bes but they will cop some big scores. Us putting 6 past them in a friendly shows that.

Got my membership pack Thursday. 14 year member now. Only missed season 1.

@Bomber93 do many away days?

Nah not yet, been supporting them since 06 when I attended my first game which was Victory V Sydney but haven’t gone interstate. Will probably do it for a final tho.

Anymore signings for us or is the squad finalised?

Paid for my membership this week, glad they have the 5 and 8 game memberships as well now.

Hopefully get it by next friday

Away days are the absolute best. Already booked Western Sydney and Adelaide.

All finished up now

1 Like

Should get it.

Scarf is decent this year.

Some of my best sporting memories are victory away days. Thst semi final in Sydney a few seasons back was something else. Under rated one was the 1st trip to western Sydney. 2-0 win despite playing with 10 for 75 mins with and 700 fans in the away bay

1 Like

Melbourne City thrashes Brisbane Strikers 5 - 1, with a double from McLaren. That puts them into the final of the FFA Cup.

2nd semi final tonight. Mariners and Adelaide

Ola Toivenen announced as victory captain

1 Like

Riley with the very late winner

Lol Matt Simon. Eat ■■■■ ■■■■

Adelaide close to signing Troisi

We apparently have 2 to sign and his name was mentioned

The ABC has struck a landmark deal to become the free-to-air broadcast partner of the A-League, W-League, Socceroos and Matildas.

The two-year deal will see one A-League and one W-League match per round broadcast live on ABC TV and iview around the country throughout the entirety of the 2019/20 season.

Every match of the W-League finals will also be available live, and a selection of A-League finals on delay, including the grand final.

It will also mean the Socceroos’ next two rounds of World Cup qualifiers will be broadcast live and free across the ABC and SBS, as well as all of the Matildas’ upcoming international friendlies and Olympic qualifiers.

2 Likes

Few fixtures will change to accommodate that.

Xmas Derby is now a 5pm kick off

That’s ■■■■■■

The club who will be mostly effected by this will be the Nix. Most of there home games are the 5pm (7pm NZ Time) to make use of the time diff. Alot of there games are now being brought foward to 3pm (5pm) kick offs.

ABC want marquee games so expect most Syd Derbies and Melb Derbies to now move to 5PM kick offs.

Official