Australian Soccer Thread (A-League/FFA Cup/Socceroos/Matildas) (Part 1)

That new wanderers stadium is amazing. Safe standing needs to be at all grounds

Disappointing we have to share our stadium with those scumbags

■■■■ game last night, very rusty both teams.

2 Likes

Western United debut in Wellington this afternoon

Bes scores WUs first goal

1 Like

And the new club holds on to score their first A League victory in their first game.

1 Like

2nd disappointing performance from Victory. Cannot seem to find a way to teams clogging up the center of midfield both City and WSW went down that path and i can only remember a few times our mids were able to turn and face forward

Just saw the score.
Hindmarsh would be rocking tonight

City didn’t turn up at all.

They were horrid

1-0 win in Brisbane. Unconvincing but its 3 points

1 Like

Jamaie McLaren scores again! He’s in red hot form this season in national
games, FFA Cup and the A-League.

■■■■ coach
■■■■ squad

Lauton, Roux, Kenny, Brown are ■■■■■■■ junk. If we make the finals it will only be because the standard of football is the worst ot has been for 12 years.

Yep, this is Mehmet and Milgilton era bad

100% Reminds me a lot of the Mehmet days

Just shows how far ahead women’s football is, compared to other women’s sporting codes. cough AFL cough

The arrogance of the AFL media when they first launched AFLW was laughable. Muppets like Kevin Bartlett, saying that AFLW is going to bury other women’s sporting codes.

All we’ve seen from AFLW is a tokenistic attempt from the AFL to create a Women’s competition. They have botched the whole competition. The only thing that is keeping it going is the passion and hard work of the female footballers, who have had no support from the league.

Well done to the Matilda’s who are Australia’s best National Team at the moment. Equal pay is great achievement for Australian sport.

4 Likes

Cough
Cricketers
Cough
Netball
Cough

Cricket is progressing. The Women’s state league sides are turning full time professional, which is a good step forward. Cricket will be next for equalised pay.

I’m not sure how you get equalised pay for women, in a sport which only caters for Women, such as netball. Unless your pushing for a National Men’s Competition. Then good luck to you.

Other sporting codes don’t have a Micky
Mouse 3 week round-robin tournament as their national women’s competition. For an Organisation like the AFL which is worth billions, it’s an absolute cop out.

1 Like

Not pushing for equal pay. You said they were the best national team we have, I say the cricketers and netballers are better

When they’re representing Australia, they should be paid the same whether it’s soccer or cricket.

As far as their state leagues or club teams go, it’s a matter of commercial reality. Anything else is cloud-cuckoo-land.

2 Likes

I don’t totally agree with the equal pay concept. Pay should be tied to things like attendance, sponsorship and media deals regardless of gender that way there is potential for women to actually earn more than men in the future.
If the AFLW want a bigger piece of the pie they have to either start charging entry fees or score a decent independent media deal. Women’s soccer much like tennis is in a very fortunate position where they attract fantastic crowds and sponsorships for major tournaments.

4 Likes