Avengers Infinity War: Spoilers Thread

Hobbit certainly had it over LOTR in that regard.

Gamorra is gone, never to return. Deal with it, Thanos did! The price he paid for the soul stone was a high one. Perhaps only Keyser Söze could or would match him in the ruthless stakes, but that was what gave his character some depth, light and shade.

1 Like

The problem is, I can’t take any of the deaths seriously. We all know there’s like every movie of all the superheroes who died in production for more movies. They ain’t dead, they’re coming back, which cheapens the movie. What I’m supposed to take the Spiderman death seriously when we all know they ain’t killing the character? Gaurdians of the Galaxy? etc. It’s like Superman dying all over again, they’ll find some time machine stone, undo everything and “hey presto!” back to normal. Only ones that ain’t coming back are the ones that haven’t signed on for more and at last check, that’s not many. We might get a side character like Gamorra gone but seriously…

As for the movie itself it was my fave Avengers movie by far. Villian was far better done and I appreciated him winning and has some backstory and the action was pretty cool, although we did have the usual “random army vs avengers” scene to wank off the nerds to watch them do their moves. Good, entertaining movie but the cheat-out deaths takes away from it.

1 Like

Is Footloose still the greatest movie of all time?

It never was.

Most of them won’t be deaths, but they will have been transported somewhere to another dimension, by the power of one of the stones. It will be explained, but it is a matter of how convincing that will be.

I missed that joke and others the first time around because the cimema was full and I couldn’t hear the follow ups over the laughing, and Tom Holland’s reaction makes it one of the best of the movie.

I don’t like packed cinemas.

I get that, but I feel within the context of the movie I felt it still worked at the time, because of how they delivered it.

Do you really think that wiping out half the population of the universe is something that’s ever going to stick? It’s more about setting up the cliffhanger ending and setting the stakes for the next movie. Especially if, as the speculation suggests, that some of the surviving characters will have to make the sacrifice and trade lives, which was one of the themes running through the whole movie

Even knowing that most of the characters will ultimately be back, I still think that getting Thanos to achieve his goal of wiping out half the universe is one of the most audacious moves within a franchise movie that I can think of.

I do feel for any children watching it, who of course don’t have the cynical understanding we do of how Hollywood and comic books work.

EDIT: No idea why this thread jumped to the top of my list. I thought I was replying to new posts

When I saw this a young girl walked out of the cinema crying racking sobs of grief. Completely agree it’s not a movie to take kids to without serious consideration first.

Rabbit

1 Like

My son had to go to the toilet, so I missed the last 10 minutes. Am I angry?

Finally caught up with this. Really enjoyed it. So much better than Ultron which was rubbish.

Genuinely funny too. Can’t believe no one in here has mentioned Pirate :angel:

2 Likes

Doesn’t explain why Hulk was ■■■■!

I loved it but after Ragnarok (Fav so far) I really missed the music. Imagine when Thor gets to Wakanda and immigrant song was playing.
I hope taika gets another movie.
I am now anticipating the next one more than I did the star wars reboots. Except maybe rogue one.
Finale will be epic

Character development and long term payoff?

unnamed

Ruffalo got told when casted that with the poor history of the hulk franchise, there would never be another standalone hulk movie. Instead they sold him on a strong character arc over multiple films.

That’s because Universal has the rights to Hulk movies and don’t want to play along

1 Like

Apparently he’s been given guardians of the Galaxy, after James Gunn has been sacked by Disney.

Saw that rumor. If so will be good. The way that Gunn integrated the soundtrack in guardians was epic.

Biggest flaw with Avengers was lack of a decent soundtrack. Still epic movie, minor rant.

the music is the only good thing about guardians. gunns ■■■■.

taika made the best marvel movie ever with ragnarok.