Aylett+Edwards from GWS for Pick 48

Benfti whats your level of excitement with the edwards get? 

From http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-22/bombers-swoop-on-giant-pair

Aylett has had a history of knee injuries but is a talented half-back flanker.

HBFs for the win

He's actually a midfielder.

I think people call anyone who provides some run a 'half-back flanker', wherever they play.

I refer to lots of people, even on here, as half-back flankers...or even merchant bankers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwTTgQ_3XE

Who were the steak knives

Aylett featured in the top 5% in the preseason TAC cup testings in endurance, agility, kick efficiency and speed. Half back flankers and half foward flankers are part of the midfield group in today's football.

Adelaide Crows @Adelaide_FC

Unfortunately we couldn't get Shaun Edwards. We wanted a deal for Shaun on his own but couldn't reach an agreement with GWS to this effect

Does this imply that GWS wanted to find a home for Aylett in the Edwards deal, but Adelaide didn't want him and we did (or didn't mind), so we pulled ahead despite having a later pick? GWS probably won't use 48 anyway.

I'm reading GWS bio of Aylett. Apparently he has 'elite' handball receive skills....

Unfortunately we couldn't get Shaun Edwards. We wanted a deal for Shaun on his own but couldn't reach an agreement with GWS to this effect

Does this imply that GWS wanted to find a home for Aylett in the Edwards deal, but Adelaide didn't want him and we did (or didn't mind), so we pulled ahead despite having a later pick? GWS probably won't use 48 anyway.

Sounds like it. 

Who the hell is Aylett?

I don't know a massive amount about him as a player, but he was a zone selection that is from leeton. I know his mum and grand parents quite well. His mum works with my wife. Good kid, great size for a mid. But did a knee

Aylett in tac cup testings finished top 5% in endurance, agility, speed and kicking efficiency. Averaged 18 disposals across 5 games for VIC country with 74% kicking efficiency.

We win this trade, would have been ■■■■ all left at pick 48. Instead we have 2 players who have strong potential.

Or Adelaide are covering their ■■■■ for missing out.

Trade Jetta for pick 48?

Aylett signed a four year contract in 2010, so still has a year to go. Last time Adelaide didn't want to take a player as part of a deal it was Jesse White, and I bet they're looking back on that decision fondly.

Also apparently GWS rated Aylett that high when he was 17 years old he was offered a 4 year contract. Not sure how true this is, anyone able to find out his contract status at GWS?

insanely high, this is actually the first guy from one of my hype threads we have gotten, and then thrown in was a kid who's parents are. Great people, funny story is his grandad is a mad bomber and refused to follow gws when the whole family changed.
Really great family.
I'm ecstatic with both

If Aylett can turn into at least double the player Ablett Jnr is then that'll be amazing

I guess Dodoro's not so bad after all.

Give Edwards #13 

insanely high, this is actually the first guy from one of my hype threads we have gotten, and then thrown in was a kid who's parents are. Great people, funny story is his grandad is a mad bomber and refused to follow gws when the whole family changed.
Really great family.
I'm ecstatic with both

so benfti do the 'elite' handball receival skills run in the family?  just kidding :)

Give Edwards #13

No chance.
Jake Long has that number reserved.