B-Sports - Essendon looking at NBL franchise?

I would think about watching it for sure,

I have it on good authority that Walla will be the starting centre in true Essendon style.

Just post him up and hell do the rest!

1 Like

Sitting at the bottom of the table or top in the nbl all comes down to who they recruit and who is the coach.

The NBL cap is extremely low compared to an afl cap. The talent pool in Australia is strong and imports are lining up to come here and play during our summer and recent success with NBA pathways for not just Australians but international players.

1 Like

Ok, for starters Melbourne has one Team. United. Which is loosely the old tigers. Now a lot of tigers die hardship don’t follow united out of how they walked away from the tigers name. The tigers will exist. They are now an SEABL team.

Melbourne need at least 1 more team, NSW and QLD have 2 and the NBL want back at 12 sooner rather than later.

I’m glad we have moved first on this.

4 Likes

Delly is a Collingwood Supporter, ingles is a hawks, Baynes is a Sun. Bogut, Simmons and Exum are dons. Mills is a crow

2 Likes

Definitely a good move, growing the bombers brand beyond the AFL is a great thing. Hard to do with Bars, Child Care centres and property investment.

The bigger the bombers brand the more events, apparel, sponsorship value etc.

Imagine having a AFL, NBL, NRL, NSL team and getting Kia to sponsoror as the head accoss all. Would be a massive deal worth far more to them than individual ones.

Bogut coming down and playing for 2-3 year to build a quality team and club would set it up for generations.

3 Likes

What’s Slammin’ Sam McKinnon up to these days?

I reckon it’s a good idea.

It would be good for the ownership to be 51% Essendon 49% Bogut to convince Bogut to come play.

Could also buy an overseas soccer steam (england, italy, germany) and young aussies could go and play. Then if any of them get good, BAM! transfer fees come back to Essendon.

1 Like

C: Bogut
PF: Daniher
SF: Stringer
SG: Fantasia
PG: Zaharakis

1 Like

Well they are already planning a surf park next door

2 Likes

I’m all for this.

10/10 thread title, btw

Basketball - more boring than AFLX

3 Likes

Wash your mouth out with soap

“Could also buy an overseas soccer steam (england, italy, germany) and young aussies could go and play. Then if any of them get good, BAM! transfer fees come back to Essendon.”

Milton Keynes Dons FC, AC Milan (includes a cricket club for the Mediterranean Big Bash), Rot-Weisse Essen. I do wonder if promoting all these other sports is to footy’s detriment, but I guess it works over there.

1 Like

Needs more Brett Rainbow.

2 Likes

More David Stiff

2 Likes

SG: Laverde

2 Likes

Peak NBL:
1993 Slam Dunk contest.

Note now-76ers head coach Brett Brown on the judging panel

I could only watch half. Bball just doesn’t do it for me.

In fact, the reason I didn’t like AFLX is because it’s basketball with your feet.

There’s no doubt we are looking at these opportunities based on our facilities and possible infrastructure expansion.

Having external facilities brings upon a range of barriers.