B-Sports - Essendon looking at NBL franchise?

When that surf park opens up next door the government is going to have to do something about public transport to the area. Maybe as part of the train link to the airport?

Lets hope we are looking that far ahead.

2 Likes

Yeah they are going to put in a train line because of the surf park. Would have thought an airport would need a train line more lol

3 Likes

I don’t know why they wouldnt just extended the Watergardens/Sydenham line.

First thing I thought of too.
Collingwood and Carlton did it.

1 Like

Yeap.

Similar reasons were used back then to justify how they would make money. High junior participation, international league appeal, fast growing sport.

I said it on twitter last night, but didn’t bother mentioning it here as I figured someone here would eventually say it.

Darryl McDonald-Tipungwuti.

That is all.

1 Like

Blzers jersey is a better clash jersey than anything we wear nows-l300

2 Likes

No red sash

The real question is: Who does Thon Maker barrack for?

university.

This is a brand recognition winner.

As AFL Clubs look to move away from pokies revenue…and i believe we are going to do the same down the track, we need to look at other ways to generate revenue through memberships, sponsorships and so on.

Essendon has an advantage in regards to establishing such a move into basketball.

One: if you look at the hangar at Tullamarine, there is a basketball court there which we share with the Australian Paralympic Committee.

Also…if we need to get alternative training bases, we have places like Keilor right at our doorstep.

Two: Finances. We are seemingly in a sound financial position. Why not do it?

Hawthorn are looking at buying the Illawarra Hawks licence and relocating them to Melbourne. Hope we are on the front foot and get a side in first.

If anyone wants to question the standard and the spectacle of the NBL now, go and watch United in game 2 of the first finals. What an awesome game!

I hope we get a team, I’ll be the first to sign up.

2 Likes

Yep,both series have been very good to watch

Crows now apparently buying a stake in the 36ers

We need to get onto the owners of the Singapore Slingers pronto.

1 Like

Did anyone else get the NBL related survey from EFC this arvo?
Interestingly, it is being conducted for EFC by Gemba (Hirdy’s old firm).

Yeah. It’s kinda boring to complete if you have no interest in basketball.

Main thing I got out of it was that it would be a new team, and may or may not be branded as Essendon.

1 Like

Yup, I filled it out.

GEMBA

2 Likes

What type of things are they asking?