Baby's First Trade and Draft Period 2017 Edition

What time on friday is the draft and what TV channel has coverage? I've just looked through the foxtel guide and can't find it on fox footy on friday.

Should be on Fox. My belief is that it starts at 6:30 with the actual draft starting at 7. Might be worth checking again.

The AFL site said its on Fox from 6.30. What time the actual draft is…

I think they’re dreaming people will watch the pre-draft show. I’ll be watching the cricket until the draft starts!

If we were to in fact bid on Setterfield at pick one does any know what will happen with the points?

Pick one is 3000 points, they get a 20% discount so would have to pay 2400 points. They have pick 2 which is 2517 points, what happens with the remaining 117 points?

I assume one of two things

1. They allocate those points to their next pick which is currently 15 and which would in turn move that ahead of the Port and Crows picks
  2. Slot it in a 117 point spot which is pick 63

I expect it would be number 2 but does anyone have any idea?

If we were to in fact bid on Setterfield at pick one does any know what will happen with the points?

Pick one is 3000 points, they get a 20% discount so would have to pay 2400 points. They have pick 2 which is 2517 points, what happens with the remaining 117 points?

I assume one of two things

1. They allocate those points to their next pick which is currently 15 and which would in turn move that ahead of the Port and Crows picks
  2. Slot it in a 117 point spot which is pick 63

I expect it would be number 2 but does anyone have any idea?

Option 2.

1 Like

Someone should really create an online simulator for this, like the ladder predictor, you’d think it would get a decent workout.

Someone should really create an online simulator for this, like the ladder predictor, you'd think it would get a decent workout.

Someone had and posted somewhere on blitz you typed in the pick the bid comes at their next pick and it tells you what happens

I’ve updated the top post of this topic with this year’s rules, so if you’re not across the trade and draft rules you might find it handy.

1 Like

My edit to the original post doesn’t seem to be showing up, but when I hit Edit the new text is in there.

Can someone please tell me if the first post starts
“It seems to me”
or
“Updating this for 2017”

1 Like

Starts with “It seems to me”

Cheers, I’ll start a new thread

2 Likes

Did I just fix it for you. I hit the RAW button.

1 Like

It looks like you did, thanks.

Updated.

2 Likes

Has that changed now @miss_ellie ?

Edit: Oh good it seems it has

Yes it has.

1 Like

One of the best and most informative things on Blitz. Ever.

1 Like

We so should be trading points to gws for a player.

They have a good academy prospect or two, so they’ll need the Whitfield points back.

1 Like

the opening post in this thread is the best post on Blitz ever

1 Like

which ones?

looked up the academy players for gws this year. theres a kid in there that would’ve been a slur for cam raynor.

Powell is the kid I like.

Is there a thread that has all the key offseason dates this year, i.e. trade period, list lodgement, draft date, rookie / pre-season draft date, etc…

There is usually one posted every year but I can’t seem to find one for 2017-18.