Back-to-Back in 2017 - Bye Round Musings

Hate a best 22 thread as much as anyone but solid exam study procrastination has me trying to see how work our VFL side next year (on the back of 2016’s dominant second half of the season and flag) will fit together with most of the 12 returning and a few new draft picks to throw into the mix. Done Ego’s work for him with a Round 1 side for next year.

AHep Gwilt Gleeson
Demps Ambrose Morgan
Jerrett KLangford Cooney
Redman SMACK Pick 2
Irish NewFF Eades
TBell Howlett Bird
Long, Wallis, Gach Zidane, Hams

That’s on the premise that Shred, Ashby, Pears and Kommer are delisted/gone at years end and Gwilt and Cooney stick around. Obviously barring any injuries (almost certain to cripple us next year) but there’s no room for a single VFL Listed player (of course Hep gets drafted…) and only two other draft picks getting a game in the circumstances I’ve thought up.

I’m sure there’s a huge oversight somewhere because surely a VFL side has never been made up of that many AFL listed players? If so I’m sure DJR will be able to shoot it down quick smart but seems remarkable if that’s how it pans out.

#Depth

I’m sure you appreciate this but it’s pointless. We will have injuries, and 4/5 guys will vanish into the ether, and we’ll pick 4/5 different ones. Plus we should be picking 5 kids up, trade/FA we don’t yet know about, blah blah blah

Well.
That was fun.

I'm sure you appreciate this but it's pointless. We will have injuries, and 4/5 guys will vanish into the ether, and we'll pick 4/5 different ones. Plus we should be picking 5 kids up, trade/FA we don't yet know about, blah blah blah

No doubting any of that (including the pointless bit) but seems a remarkably placed reserves list if all goes exactly to plan nonetheless. We are due for something to go right…

You’re saying The Langford won’t be best 22 next year and neither will our top pick?

You're saying The Langford won't be best 22 next year and neither will our top pick?

Round One, yes. Not the easiest exercise but a bit of fun.

The ladder after our week off is interesting reading.

1. Casey - 28
  2. Williamstown - 24
  3. Box Hill - 20
  4. Sandringham - 20
  5. Collingwood - 20 (and a horrible percentage of 83.1)
  6. Essendon - 16
  7. Footscray - 16
  8. Port Melbourne - 16

1. Werribee - 16
  2. Geelong - 12
  3. Northern Blues - 12
  4. Coburg - 8
  5. Richmond - 8
  6. Frankston - 8
  7. North Ballarat - 4