Bacon causes Cancer ... Wut?

This is major news.

I’m going to give up meat and then use my mobile phone to tell everyone I know that I’m now going to be cancer-free.

Bacon is worth it.

The WHO say a lot of things cause cancer, from foods, to any sunlight at all, to cigs, to having sex. Bunch of stupid scientists* trying to justify their income.

*not saying all scientists are stupid, just this lot.

The evidence for this increased risk has been around since 2007 and in many many papers. Are you saying all these scientists are stupid because you don’t want to believe it? And I would bet the papers talk about risk ratio of cancer not causation but that doesn’t make a good headline.

The WHO say a lot of things cause cancer, from foods, to any sunlight at all, to cigs, to having sex. Bunch of stupid scientists* trying to justify their income.

*not saying all scientists are stupid, just this lot.

The evidence for this increased risk has been around since 2007 and in many many papers. Are you saying all these scientists are stupid because you don’t want to believe it? And I would bet the papers talk about risk ratio of cancer not causation but that doesn’t make a good headline.

That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying.

Scientists. Pfft, what would they know?

The story has appeared in several news outlets but they all fail to mention the salient fact that it is the chemicals used, particularly sodium nitrate(s) that is the problem. There is nothing wrong with a quality sausage made from quality products. We get our bacon from a local butcher who smokes it himself, with Jarrah. If you read the label on most blister pack bacon, you will find the words “made from local and imported ingredients”. Even the stuff they sell in the deli section of the supermarket comes from bulk packs, also likely to be Canadian pork or Lithuanian or who knows where. Clean meat grown locally, eaten in moderation, will not do any harm to most people.

Thats the question I had re sausages … I u/stand those paste filled pieces of waste in the woolies bulk packs, although I believe sod nitrate is only used to “cure” meats like bacon Prosciutto salami etc, … maybe it has something to do with preservatives in that case??

but a beef sausage from the butcher for example, . I fail to see any drama there.

Don’t you just love news reports that actually leave you with more questions than answers?? FFS, tell the full story & explain the exceptions & nuances or just Fk the fk off.

Did anyone actually think that is was healthy in the first place?

Did anyone actually think that is was healthy in the first place?

It’s the elixir of life for the CrossFit/paleo community

but Pete Evans said food is medicine

“Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.”

-Vincent Vega

I can tell you one thing for sure - if you don't eat, you won't get cancer.

Once saw a scientific report. It stated that everyone that was on a program to test if breathing air was dangerous subsequently died over a period of years. They came to the conclusion that if people stopped breathing ,they would live forever.

“You’re telling me all those cancers come from one magical animal?”

The story has appeared in several news outlets but they all fail to mention the salient fact that it is the chemicals used, particularly sodium nitrate(s) that is the problem. There is nothing wrong with a quality sausage made from quality products. We get our bacon from a local butcher who smokes it himself, with Jarrah. If you read the label on most blister pack bacon, you will find the words "made from local and imported ingredients". Even the stuff they sell in the deli section of the supermarket comes from bulk packs, also likely to be Canadian pork or Lithuanian or who knows where. Clean meat grown locally, eaten in moderation, will not do any harm to most people.

Actually red meat itself increases bowel cancer risk. Recommended to have no more than 450g a week.

On the plus side, today I read that dandelion not only prevents cancer, it cures it - that should cancel out the carcinogenic effect of the roundup

Research was probably done by a few pigs, couple of cows, and maybe a goat or two.

The research was done by The Age?

The story has appeared in several news outlets but they all fail to mention the salient fact that it is the chemicals used, particularly sodium nitrate(s) that is the problem. There is nothing wrong with a quality sausage made from quality products. We get our bacon from a local butcher who smokes it himself, with Jarrah. If you read the label on most blister pack bacon, you will find the words "made from local and imported ingredients". Even the stuff they sell in the deli section of the supermarket comes from bulk packs, also likely to be Canadian pork or Lithuanian or who knows where. Clean meat grown locally, eaten in moderation, will not do any harm to most people.

Actually red meat itself increases bowel cancer risk. Recommended to have no more than 450g a week.

Yes, that’s apparently the case, but if you eat red meat moderately, then you should be OK. There are plenty of people that eat lots of meat and not much roughage who I would suggest are the ones that will be looking at bowel problems. A diet of plenty of variety of whole foods is the way to go. That half kilo quoted is a generalisation, as we all metabolise at different rates. Just as I would reach .05 a fair bit later than the missus who is forty kilos lighter. I would suggest that anyone that doesn’t snap one off at least daily should be worried about the possibility of contracting bowel cancer. Roughage and more roughage is definitely the go.

Went to the butcher today and bought bacon for breakfast tomorrow.

■■■■■■ computers. The only italics should have been MODERATELY.

I eat close to that every day lol

All I deduce from this is:

Victory = cancer

WILSON: BOMBERS FINALLY STOP GIVING PLAYERS CANCER