Bathurst 2019

If there is a God, please let whincup run out

1 Like

If he does run out, it will be the second time. I only want him to win so that Lowndes wins.

1 Like

Safety car, changes everything

McLachlan should have enough gas to get to the finish line.

He deserves the win.

McLachlan v Van Gis, does McL have enough fuel?

@theDJR team penske

Safety car, game over, McL should win now

All over now
Need to let Ford win every now and then to keep up the interest :smirk:

1 Like

Good work to clear the track but can’t see the result changing

Holden supporters saying that is as predictable as west coast supporters bringing up the past after any loss

Can win them all, just the majority

It would of been way more interesting without the safety car

McL wins

Unreal stuff, what a day and race it is

McL fully deserved the win. Had the speed all week. A pity that it came down to a safety car with only 3 laps to go, l would have liked to see more actual racing, but a great result.

1 Like

Were people stealing signs in the background just then?

Look, I know I’ve let myself go, but I’m not that bad…

2 Likes

Stay out of the beer thread @frosty

1 Like

Things have taken a turn, DJR/Penske have been slapped with a charge for the Coulthard holding up the field on a safety car play. Very naughty of you @theDJR

Scott McLaughlin’s maiden Bathurst victory could be ripped from his grasp after officials slapped a team orders rule breach charge against DJR/Team Penske.

The charge was handed down after an inquiry into the “disgraceful” actions taken by Supercars driver Fabian Coulthard during a late safety car period at the Bathurst 1000.

Officials originally hit Coulthard with a drive-through penalty during the race for breach of safety car procedures which saw him bunch and hold up the field as McLaughlin pitted for fuel for the final laps.

Coulthard’s actions saw McLaughlin’s lead increase from one second out to 47 after the yellow flags where first waved.

Heavy backlash flowed with Coulthard hitting back as he was just doing what he was told.

“It was a directive from the team,” Coulthard told Supercars.com.

“The team said to me ‘take extreme caution, the engine is hot’.

“I’m actually reading my phone now and I’m getting smashed for something I’ve been told to do.

“I’m a little bit ■■■■■■ off. I did what I was told and I’m getting murdered for it.”