BB Rules of Modern Etiquette for the 21st Century

I have a dog. If my dog poos on your lawn, I pick it up. Pick your farkin dog's poo up, and don't leave it on my lawn!!!! FFS!!!!!

Fark you, I’m coming passed your place with a cow!

What’s your beef?

You’re gonna milk this one aren’t you?

Gotta take it outta someone’s hide.

Mate, you’re gonna have to lift your game, that was veally bad.

If I can hear what you're listening to through your headphones then you've got it on too loud

If I can hear what you’re listening to through your headphones over what I’m listening to on my headphones then you’ll soon be deaf

Don't engage the cashier/teller/console operator/shopkeep in conversation at the expense of the 2000 people in the line behind you. He/she doesn't care for you and neither do we.

Or, conversely, don’t talk on your phone while you “engage” the cashier.

These are the worst people in the world

Respond to a text message promptly. Not straight away, but certainly within the day it was sent. Everyone's glued to their phones 24 7 - don't pretend that you didn't see it, and don't treat it like an email where you can respond at your leisure. Take the 6 seconds it takes to fire off a response.

ffs

Doesn’t take me 6 seconds to type ffs, but good advice. I now know how to respond to any text. Just three letters. Abrupt. Laconic even.
When joining friends for dinner, assume the bill will be split evenly. Don't argue about who ate more garlic bread. Just farking pay. And whilst on the subject, have enough cash at hand to cover your share + tip. No one likes a tight a*se.

I can’t agree with this. If I order the soup and someone else orders the steak, 4 beers and dessert then they should pay their share.

Swings and round-a-bouts. Next time, eat like a man.

Yeah nah. If I was eating/drinking more than the average, then not putting in a bit more would make me feel like a $&@€£.

Also had a recent extended family do where one family representing about half the group went nuts on the shared food, had multiple drinks when others had a single each (was a relatively brief catch up). One member of that family - just when it was appropriate to wrap up and leave - then ordered a second meal, ate half and took the rest in doggy bag, and then quickly figured out everyone’s due based on an even split. Was a bit not right.

When joining friends for dinner, assume the bill will be split evenly. Don't argue about who ate more garlic bread. Just farking pay. And whilst on the subject, have enough cash at hand to cover your share + tip. No one likes a tight a*se.

I can’t agree with this. If I order the soup and someone else orders the steak, 4 beers and dessert then they should pay their share.

Swings and round-a-bouts. Next time, eat like a man.

Yeah nah. If I was eating/drinking more than the average, then not putting in a bit more would make me feel like a $&@€£.

Also had a recent extended family do where one family representing about half the group went nuts on the shared food, had multiple drinks when others had a single each (was a relatively brief catch up). One member of that family - just when it was appropriate to wrap up and leave - then ordered a second meal, ate half and took the rest in doggy bag, and then quickly figured out everyone’s due based on an even split. Was a bit not right.

You’ll know what to do next time.

Dear mum,

My wife is your daughter in law and the mother of two of your grand children. She is an important part of my life and you should consider her family. A simple birthday message through facebook is just not good enough.

Regards
Your son.

PS: ffs

I have a dog. If my dog poos on your lawn, I pick it up. Pick your farkin dog's poo up, and don't leave it on my lawn!!!! FFS!!!!!

What’s your beef?

Listen, you hornery old ■■■■■■■ - I’ll be the judge of leather it was or wasn’t…

coat…

Dear mum,

My wife is your daughter in law and the mother of two of your grand children. She is an important part of my life and you should consider her family. A simple birthday message through facebook is just not good enough.

Regards
Your son.

PS: ffs

Texts are way better.

In seriousness hate it when you ask someone a question ythiugh WhatsApp/messenger/iMessage and it has read but no reply is given. ■■■■■■■■ don’t make me call you.

What’s your beef?

Listen, you hornery old ■■■■■■■ - I’ll be the judge of leather it was or wasn’t…

coat…

Mate, you sure you wanna raise the steaks like that?

Don't engage the cashier/teller/console operator/shopkeep in conversation at the expense of the 2000 people in the line behind you. He/she doesn't care for you and neither do we.

Well if you know a better way to get a date with a 16 year old then I’d like to hear it.

When airing a gripe here on Blitz always finish with a ffs ffs

What’s your beef?

coat…

Nah, just ribbing you, man. Smack mah rump 'n call me done :slight_smile:

What’s your beef?

coat…

I’ll chop you out on this one. We’ll discuss it next time we meat.

What’s your beef?

coat…

I’ll chop you out on this one. We’ll discuss it next time we meat.

Well done, it’s becoming too rare. Hopefully next time we meat it won’t be through a medium…

Respond to a text message promptly. Not straight away, but certainly within the day it was sent. Everyone's glued to their phones 24 7 - don't pretend that you didn't see it, and don't treat it like an email where you can respond at your leisure. Take the 6 seconds it takes to fire off a response.

ffs

Honestly don’t have my phone with me like that, sometimes it’s hanging in the laundry window for a day & night acting as a wifi modem and I don’t see it for ages.

And I’m super guilty for that anyway, for the lot.

Calls, emails texts, even PM’s here, … I sometimes see it and I’m driving, or busy, and as I like to put a bit of thought into things, think, I’ll answer that later … and thanks to early onset Andruskas …, it can end up much later.

A collective apology to any here who may have been victim of my etiquette challenged, phone ignorant, memory loss exacerbated, apparently Gen Y mandated rudeness… :neutral:

When the supermarket is quiet and there are checkouts with no queues, don’t walk past them and go to the self-serve checkout. Come on.

ffs

Doesn’t take me 6 seconds to type ffs, but good advice. I now know how to respond to any text. Just three letters. Abrupt. Laconic even.
FFS you need to have some unique content FFS

Escalators are simple thing. If you’re lazy and standing still, stand on the farking left. The right is for walking.

Once everyone is off the tram/train/bus, then you get on.

If you’re sitting in a cafe or restaurant or whatever, push your chair in when you have finished using it ffs.