BBFFL#2 2016 Discussion

Is smooth still crying?

Well if he is he has every right too, two years in a row he’s had by far the best team and been ■■■■■■ over by injuries and ridiculous luck to his opponent. Congrats to wes for beating me by 20 points when I didn’t even pick my team cause I had no idea I needed to. ■■■■ coach.

#prayforsmooth

Well if he is he has every right too, two years in a row he's had by far the best team and been ■■■■■■ over by injuries and ridiculous luck to his opponent. Congrats to wes for beating me by 20 points when I didn't even pick my team cause I had no idea I needed to. ■■■■ coach.

My heart goes out to him

Evee since the trade period there were legit 5 teams who could win it. He didnt have the best list by far. Any one of the 5 could of won it on their day, and ny scores over the last 6 weeks have been fkn good, including two 1600+ scores in the last two weeks

Well if he is he has every right too, two years in a row he's had by far the best team and been ■■■■■■ over by injuries and ridiculous luck to his opponent. Congrats to wes for beating me by 20 points when I didn't even pick my team cause I had no idea I needed to. ■■■■ coach.

You didn’t need to. Consolation finals don’t mean anything. You still finished 3rd.

Well done to WOB and commiserations to Smooth.

Also I have finally finished off the Merv Neagle count. A very interesting count to say the least!

Well done sal.

Didn’t think you won enough games for zerrett to get across the line. Hopefully Zach gets a stack of Brownlow votes to stick it up the ■■■■ of aa selectors.

Saracens Press Release.

The club wishes to congratulate Zach Merrett on his wonderful win in the Merv Neagle Medal.

At a still very youthful 20 years of age, he has elevated his game to genuinely elite levels and in the absence of Dayne Beams was literally the backbone of the side from season start to season end.

Taken at pick #19 in 2014 Draft, the initial dissapointment in missing out on Mitch Clisby was soon washed away in a flood of obvious potential from day 1. He has now cashed in on that potential at a surprisingly young age.

In addition to winning the League B&F , unsurprisingly he has romped home in the Club Best and Fairest. 2nd and third positions will be named in 8 days, in a symbolic nod to just how far in front of his team mates he was this year.

The Club is already looking forward to 2017, with the hope that Hopper, Mills, Francis, Atkins and Fantasia all make the jump to another level to aid Zach in leading us back into the finals.

Can’t work out if it’s a positive or a negative that Menegola and Rupert Wills have ended as my 1st and 4th best for the season on points average.

Obviously nice to jag a couple of likely keepers
late in the year, but doesn’t say much for the rest of my squad lol.

Sal with the sick Bargey burn! Lol

Yes that was some quality work, touche Sal

Can’t believe the fantasy gun that is Sam Colquhoun has been delisted by Port Adelaide. Clearly Ken Hinkley doesn’t play fantasy footy.

lol, I saw that and wondered what your reaction would be :stuck_out_tongue:

Truthfully it was very much expected. I just couldn’t bear to delist him during the year on the slight chance he cracked a game and then managed to prove Ken wrong.

I carried him and Scott Selwood all year without getting a game out of them. Also had Jamie Elliott on the LTI list for the entire season while Reece Conca’s season was another write off. Getting these 3 back on the park in 2017 should give me an immediate uplift in scoring.

Congrats WOB!

When does the trade period open?

Normally we have the opening coinciding with actual trade period, so the week after the GF.

If anyone wants any draft picks come and see me. Have three 1st rounders and three 2nd rounders. All available including pick 3.

Any objections or reasons why we couldn’t open it now or soon?

I will be interested in picks Melk and will probably have a couple of handy players i will trade for picks

Only reason for traditionally holding back the trade period is to see what clubs players are traded to etc. Also there is a chance a traded player could be delisted - which is still a risk come AFL trade period.

Also while I’m at it - if anyone has any rule changes they want raised please let it be known. I know there were a few concerns raised during the season that could help to improve the comp.

Yeah I think we should take some time to think about what we want to change before we rush into trade period. Given our trade period goes until the start of the next season, I don’t think there’s any hurry to start it.