BBFFL#2 2016 Discussion

So I’ve delisted 2 players to allow for Ryder and Hibberd to come back on my list and while they are showing in player movements as having been cut, they are still showing in the ‘MyTeam’ page.

Done delisted my 3

So I've delisted 2 players to allow for Ryder and Hibberd to come back on my list and while they are showing in player movements as having been cut, they are still showing in the 'MyTeam' page.

No worries DtD. Just as long as they are visible somewhere.

Think the my team page is just locked at rd 23 team selection.

I’d like slightly larger lists and maybe a couple more keepers - something like 32 & 22. Absolutely no more than 22 keepers, otherwise the struggling sides will pretty much never be able to come good - there needs to be some half decent players available at the end of the season for the lesser teams to pick up, if you move it up to something like 27 keepers there won’t be any and the good teams will stay good forever and the crap teams will be crap forever.

I also think we seriously need to work out a solution for the shortage of players at certain positions, but ■■■■■■ if I know a simple answer for it.

Think the 30 player squad size is just about the limit we can go to. As it stands we’ve already got a fairly/very barren free agent pool to select from on a weekly basis. The only way more than 30 could work is if we removed the LTI list.

On the 20 keepers, I’m surprised there has been as much support as there has been for larger lists. I would still be reluctant to move from this as I think it is essentially the core premise of the entire game, however I think Birch’s suggestion to have a (one) ‘rising star’ eligible player slot could potentially have merit. That is the only variation of more than 20 keepers that I can see myself supporting.

not sure if this is going to be possible, and even if it is, take your time with it, but @redbull is there a way to determine how many zeroes we’ve had as a comp in particular for 2015 and 2016?

My thought is that larger keeper squads make it even harder for the bottom teams to catchup, and we shouldn’t do it.

22 keepers

This should be a poll

not sure if this is going to be possible, and even if it is, take your time with it, but @redbull is there a way to determine how many zeroes we've had as a comp in particular for 2015 and 2016?

I could probably do it. When I find a minute I will look into it.

I’ve delisted Cooney (who was excellent this season, and has polled well in the B&F) and Neville Jetta (who got consistent games, which is an underrated quality.)

I’ll do a little B&F and season summary this week, potentially.

If anyone is interested, here is a blog I wrote on the prediction of this year’s brownlow medal using machine learning. Don’t tell anyone else, I don’t want people to know I am a nerd. Go easy, my previous writing experience is the Seedsman times and about 2 million MSN messenger messages.

My man wins 100% of your models, but can’t win the BBFF2 League Medal :frowning:

You’re a geologist, Bix, surely everyone knows you’re a nerd?

Excellent piece though. I know far too little about stats but enough to appreciate that a lot of thought went into this, and if it can predict Zac Dawson won’t poll, then what else do you really need?

Love your work, Bix.

My man wins 100% of your models, but can't win the BBFF2 League Medal :frowning:

I think statistically, I have proven @redbull is corrupt!!!

is there a punters thread on blitz?

My man wins 100% of your models, but can't win the BBFF2 League Medal :frowning:

Zerrett says Screw Dangerfield.

Andrew Walker delisted. Brings me back to 30 players and in line for trade period requirements.

Zerrett blew my model to bits and I couldn’t be happier

Well done to Jackson Macrae and Josh Dunkley on winning a fantasy AFL premiership. Let’s hope you get a real BBFFL#2 flag in 2017. Shattered for you Mitch Wallis.

But no need for me to remind you all that you’re lifetime Conargo Bulls.