BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

Yes you are. I have crawled into round 1. My poor draft has hurt me big time, no ruck back up, centres not playing. Going to be a rough few weeks, but things should pick up.

Yeah, Iā€™m fortunate to ā€˜onlyā€™ be one short. Youā€™ve copped an unlucky opening.

Rucks continue to be a problem for me and likely to be so for at least a month (when does UF do the first positional changes re Smack?).

Redbull - playing emergency removed - not B eligible to replace Crozier
51 Bewick - all playing emergencies removed - none C eligible to replace D Swallow
Westozziebomber - J Griffin removed from emergencies as ruckman played
Ivan - J Joyce removed from emergencies as not F eligible to replace T Dickson
Come Back Hirdy - O Florent, H Andrews and T Goldsack removed from emergencies as not R eligible to replace Z Smith
Saladin - all playing emergencies removed as none R eligible to replace J Giles
TrevorBix - D Gardiner removed from emergencies as all backs played
Eggs - K Turner moved to Emg 1 to replace T Walker
Stoops - all playing emergencies removed as non B eligible to replace S Wright

Great start to the season, think I just got my highest ever score. What an awesome debut from McGrath.

2 Likes

I will confirm records etc tomorrow

Reemed

BBFFL#2 Round 1 Results

Redbull 1392 defeated 51 Bewick 1296
Wezza 1318 defeated Westozziebomer 1222
Cafegerat 1422 defeated Ivan 1150
Come Back Hirdy 1270 lost to No. 5 1398
The Melkman 1279 defeated Silly Billy 1080
Don to Death 1390 lost to Bargey 1590
Saladin 1324 defeated TrevorBix 1224
Eggs 1416 defeated Stoops 1296
Birch 19 1406 lost to Smooth 1530

3 Likes

3 short, never a show

1 Like

Not unhappy with 1324 from 17. It wasnt built on any one big score in particular, looking at the list most players hit what i think at worst was a baseline effort and thereā€™s a realistic expectation that quite a few have improvement in them. Ward, Mills, Stringer, Green and possibly Bowes can all score better than they did imo.

Hurley and Marchbank were solid scorers down back. DBJ likewise though i think he can improve on that.

Patton might be a concern, could have picked up an injury by reports.

Petrie breaking his hand hopefully opens the door for Giles to play, which obviously would help massively with the ruck problem.

St Kilda getting over run may put Acres in the frame for a game. Extra Centre depth would be handy.

Wasnt in my starting 18, but Knight getting a game and scoring well for the Crows was a promising beginning.

Francis slowly building fitness. Lang unlikely to break into a winning team this week.

Hopper is the one Iā€™m sweating on. Be nice to get him up and running in the midfield and swap Steele back into attack.

A useful start, though i note that the score was literally mid-table across the league.

2 Likes

Pretty ordinary week for my mob with a near full strength team (only missing Heeney). Iā€™m definitely going to be mid-range fodder this year.

Bit below par for me, but very happy to see the scoring out of my ā€œTwo Dadsā€ new recruits, Hoskin-Elliott and Powell-Pepper. Plenty of room for improvement, but very happy to see Gaz back and scoring as he should.

2 Likes

Mixed bag from my lot, but happy enough with a 1400 score for Round 1 even if it didnā€™t take home the biscuits against Smooth. Was surprised to have Sheed, Sheridan and Clarke not make their final squads - those 3 playing couldā€™ve seen me hit 1500.

Glad I drafted some safe 22 players to fill the gaps. Also glad I traded for Gawn a couple years agoā€¦ I remember when McEvoy used to be a consistently decent scoring ruckman sigh.

2 Likes

BBFFL#2 Ladder After Round 1

woo highest points for of the losers! :stuck_out_tongue:

I donā€™t think the top 2 will be challenged this year

@Saladin - can I please LTI list Daniel Robinson. Source - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-27/star-swan-dane-rampe-sidelined-with-broken-arm

ā€œIn a double blow for last yearā€™s grand finalists, midfielder Dan Robinson is out for eight weeks after sustaining a collarbone injury against Port Adelaide.ā€

Nice looking ladder to start the season. Itā€™s just a shame wob couldnā€™t field a full team and put Wezza down to 13th where he should have been.

Took a screenshot just to prove that one day in the history of bbffl#2 I was third!

2 Likes

Pleased to get a round one win and the fourth highest score for the week. The team scored 33 points less than last yearā€™s average, so we donā€™t look to have lost much ground.

Tay Tay has delayed his Merchants debut with an injury. Heā€™s expected to shake it off and return for round 2.

1 Like

What the hell happened here? He was great in the JLT. I thought he was automatically in their best 18, let alone 22. Maybe he had a niggle?