BBFFL#2 2017 Discussion

BBFFL#2 Round 7 Review

51 Bewick only managed his second lowest score for the season in Round 7. His score of 1203 was only higher than the 1147 he scored in Round 6. Overall this was his 76th highest or 29th lowest ever BBFFL#2 score. With only one win from the first 7 rounds 51 Bewick is having his worst start to a season since 2013 when he lost the first 9.

Bargey managed to get revenge against Smooth, reversing the 2016 Preliminary Final result. To get the victory, he had to score his highest total of the season in 1671. This was his 4th highest overall score and best since scoring 1741 in Round 11 2016 – this was his second highest BBFFL#2 score. His record score remains his 2015 Grand Final winning score of 1780. His Round 7 score was the equal 14th highest score in BBFFL#2 history (despite not even been the top score of the week – blame Wezza for raining on your parade). Ironically the other score of 1671 was scored by Smooth when he defeated Bargey in Round 12 2016.

Birch19 made it 3 wins on the trot by knocking over Ivan. This was the first lot of 3 straight wins since Rounds 7 to 9 in 2016. The score of 1270 was Birch19’s second lowest for the season, only higher than 1218 scored in Round 3. Overall this was Birch19’s 72nd highest score or 33rd lowest.

Cafegerat hit a new season low by only scoring 1098 against Come Back Hirdy in Round 7. This also meant Cafegerat has lost his last 5 straight. His previous low score for 2017 was 1173 scored in Round 6. Overall this score was his 12th lowest score, well ahead of his all time low of 900 scored in Round 7 2015.

Come Back Hirdy returned to the winners list in scoring his second highest tally for 2017. His score of 1415 is only behind his record ever score of 1615 which he achieved in Round 3. All up this was Come Back Hirdy’s 12th highest total.

Don to Death produced a season high score of 1509 in his victory over 51 Bewick. This was his 14th highest BBFFL#2 score and best since scoring 1520 in Round 1 2016 – this score was also against 51 Bewick but on this previous occasion Bewick was able to get the win.

Eggs managed to sneak over the line thanks to some late score adjustments to keep reining premier Westozziebomber winless after 7 weeks. Eggs’ score of 1314 was his lowest for the season, going lower than the 1372 scored in Round 5. Overall his Round 7 score was his 69th highest score, or 36th lowest. The last time he scored lower was in Round 4 2016 when he only managed 1283. The 2 point win is the closest BBFFL#2 result for 2017. It is the 5th time a game has been decided by 2 points, with 3 games decided by a single point. We are still yet to have a draw in BBFFL#2 after 963 matches. The last time there was a closer result was in Round 11 2016 when Wezza 1422 defeated Come Back Hirdy 1421 by a single point.

Ivan has lost 3 games in a row for the second time in his 7 matches as a BBFFL#2 coach. This run of 3 loses matches the streak from Rounds 1 to 3.

No. 5 returned to the winners list in scoring 1468 to defeat Stoops. This was his 2nd highest score of the season only behind the 1505 scored in Round 5. Overall this was his 17th highest score, the highest of which remains 1658 scored in Round 7 2015.

Redbull made it 5 straight wins for only the 2nd time in his time as a BBFFL#2 coach. The last time he achieved 5 wins on the trot was from Rounds 12 to 16 in 2012. Redbull’s score of 1401 was his 3rd lowest for the season, higher than 1392 in Round 1 and 1391 in Round 2. Despite this it was the team’s 17th highest ever score or 86th lowest.

Silly Billy managed his best score for the season in scoring 1267. This still was not enough to bring up win number 1 for 2017. As a result his current losing streak is now his longest ever having lost 9 straight. More pleasingly his score equalled his highest score for 2017 – also achieved in Round 5 – and is his 25th highest BBFFL#2 score. The previous time he scored higher was in Round 18 2016 when he managed to score exactly 100 more -1367.

Smooth suffered his first loss for the season in going down to Bargey. His score of 1474 was his second lowest for 2017 only ahead of the 1449 scored in Round 2. Smooth’s lowest ever BBFFL#2 score of 1189 came way back in Round 11 2012.

Stoops may have scored his second highest total for 2017 but it wasn’t enough to make it 2 straight wins. His score of 1406 was only behind 1414 scored in Round. Overall the 1406 ranks 57th overall for his BBFFL#2 scores.

The Melkman managed to score 1400, which was his highest score for the season and first time he has scored 1400 since scoring 1451 in his Preliminary Final loss to Bargey in 2015. Overall this was The Melkman’s 68th highest score as a BBFFL#2 coach.

TrevorBix jumped back onto the winners list by knocking over Silly Billy. His score of 1291 was not that remarkable, barring the fact it was his 4th highest score for the season and 52nd highest BBFFL#2 score ever, which whilst not looking like much was by some strange coincidence his median score for both the season 4th out of 7 and overall 52nd out 103.

Wezza jumped up the charts in terms of his scoring capacity by scoring his highest ever BBFFL#2 total of 1679. This outdid his previous best of 1604 scored in Round 10 2016. Overall this was 11th highest BBFFL#2 total and 3rd highest for 2017, behind Smooth’s 1731 in Round 6 and Redbull’s 1726 in Round 3. With this score Wezza became the 9th BBFFL#2 coach to have scored 1650 or better – joining Smooth, Bargey, Redbull, Stoops, Westozziebomber, No. 5, Don to Death and Eggs.

Despite yet still to win in 2017, Westozziebomber managed to score his highest score for the year and best since last year’s Grand Final win. His score of 1312 was his 87th highest overall score and is still well short of the 1629 he scored in winning the 2016 flag.

6 Likes

Was pretty happy with that score when carrying smedts in the forward line.

2 Likes

BBFFL#2 Improvement Year on Year

-Note Ivan’s change is compared to Pazza’s average for 2016

3 Likes

Ivan averaging the second most points for improvement.just confirms what a joke pazza was

2 Likes

I was on track for a far better score last round until my Sunday players turned in putrid performances. I was looking good for 1600 I reckon. Oh well…

That +/- ladder shows me more than anything that our competition and coaches are getting better. 13 coaches have improved on last year (including the already two strongest in Smooth and Bargey). And some of the ones who haven’t have been greatly affected by injury. Makes for an interesting competition in future.

Nice.

I’m pretty happy with that, given I took 3 first round draft picks and stupid Brett Deledio is yet to get on the park.

Absolutely massive score last week. Please don’t replicate it this week…

I’m not quite sure how to take that.

I’ve improved the side but I certainly haven’t got everything right. I’m filthy on myself for getting sucked into Bruce on the back of his big game against Carlton in preseason. Was looking at and could have taken catagna. The jury is out on the late draft speculating too. Hopefully Allison and Bolton see some games before the year is out. Still have my fingers crossed on begley too.

I suspect I’ll go backwards next year with a few retirements and the likelihood that I’ll be carrying some very young players in my 20 based solely on potential.

Pretty much all my improvement came from trading in respectable players and culling dead weight so improving the core 20 wasn’t especially hard. That will not be the case this year.

I’ll be keen to try and improve my draft position by trading out reliable scorers with limited futures to buff out finals bound playing lists…

1 Like

Bye Weeks
Just a reminder how the bye weeks work on BBFFL#2. Any player who plays the week prior to the bye is an eligible scorer. For their score to count please name them in your team as per normal. The player will be assigned their season average score. Unfortunately manual adjustments will be needed, meaning it won’t be as simple to see how your matchup is progressing.

I will publish the scores next week for the Port and Gold Coast players who have the bye in round 9.

Let me know if you have any questions.

It’s a compliment, pazza was a joke. It’s good to have you here

2 Likes

I know it’s still a few weeks away, but can we set a date for the mid-season trade period?

I’d be suggesting something like opening after conclusion of round 11 and closing at beginning of round 13.
That way it’s kept a decent way away from finals.

This makes sense and corresponds with when we have done it previously.

Ffs. Absolutely shredded tonight.

Stringer. Gleeson. Hopper. Lang, Francis, Giles all out from last week. Beams , Harmes and knight still not selected. Bowes on eic. Mills not granted C status.

Debacle. Dead meat this week.

Probably the best side I’ve had in this year

1 Like

Its always annoying when you reach a point of wasting FA signings for what will probably be a one week solution. But ive done my coaching duty and filled the Ruck donut via Fitzpatrick.

Insurmountable problems elsewhere though. I need Bowes to make the final team to have any chance of scraping together a lineup.

Not much in the pool that was exciting this week. Only 1 other person other than yourself took a RFA.

@redbull can I please have Mitch “No Neck” Robinson played on the LTI list? He is reportedly out for “at least 10 weeks” with a foot fracture.

http://afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/tough-lion-mitch-robinson-out-long-term-with-foot-injury

There won’t be an issue, but you need to PM saladin mate for a LTI request.

1 Like

I struggling to find anyone to justify using my spare LTI spot.

2 Likes

Yep. And if I didnt need a ruck i wouldnt have bothered either.

2 Likes