BBFFL#2 2019 Discussion

You got me well covered here @saladin

Way too good.

Two weeks in a row Iā€™ve left mccarthey on the bench with big scores. Turns out his playing a bit more midfield time ATM. 7 clearances. Will not be leaving him on the bench again.

Bad luck, Ivan. Your side is definitely on an upward trend and I still think youā€™ll play finals and be dangerous.

Weā€™re spluttering a bit but the core is solid. Carrying some out of form players but our depth is good. 100+ from Bolton and 87 from Rowbottom have thrown the gauntlet down to some in the starting 18. I didnā€™t name Stringer this week because I didnā€™t think there was any way heā€™d play, but heā€™s now got a game under his belt. Willie Rioli slowly returning from injury. Francis and Davis offer defender coverage.

We havenā€™t hit our straps yet but a few seem to step up each week to cover for some underperformances from others. 1446 with a concussed Merrett, a clearly unfit Fanta and a poor Marchbank isnā€™t too bad.

2 Likes

BBFFL#2 Round 16 Results
redbull 1099 Lost to No. 5 1550
Don to Death 934 Lost to The Melkman 1484
Come Back Hirdy 1174 Defeated maxx 1068
saladin 1446 Defeated Ivan 1300
Birch19 1656 Defeated Vandrs 1444
Wezza 1513 Defeated Fogdog 1011
Crazy Bomber 1312 Defeated cafegerat 1296
Stoops 1326 Defeated The Ant 1055
TrevorBix 1043 Lost to Aceman 1328

BBFFL#2 Ladder after Round 16

With 3 games to play the final 8 is basically locked in stone.

I will try to find some time to provide some stats this week. @Birch19 is certainly setting the pace and is the person to catch. He has topped the scoring for the league the past 2 weeks and other than Round 3 this year he has always had one of the top 5 scores for the week.

2 Likes

Mid 1400ā€™s and Birch still gets a percentage boost!! Way too strong mate.

Cheers mate, not sure whatā€™s gone wrong with your team this year (other than coach absence), but couldnā€™t believe youā€™re 14th. Pretty darn good list.

One point off second place!!!

4 Likes

Crikey!

Over to you, Mr Francis.

This season sucks balls.

I only had 14 playing players on the weekend.

Is that normal for this time of year?

Can get hard sometimes. Contenders tend to hoard a lot of best 22 types just to cover injuries.

Yep not ideal but toward this time of year it seems that finding free agents is more difficult. Midfielders and rucks in particular.

1 Like

@wezza has nailed my mid season draft scraps with John Noble to make his debut this week.

1 Like

You make it sound like itā€™s unethical behaviour; itā€™s just good list management.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t my intent at all. Myself Iā€™m holding onto about 25 best 22 types.

Premiership winning type of squad :wink:

and your ex-bull Birchall getting a game this week too!

1 Like

Birchall was a member of the Bulls premiership winning squad despite spending the entire season on the LTI list.